Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what can I do with 2 chicken breast for supper

Posted by imabest (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 7, 09 at 14:16

Need some ideas I am sick of plain chicken breast.
I thought I would have a baked potato with them just need some new ideas what to put on them in the oven...
thanks hope you are all well and staying warm hugs imabest

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what can I do with 2 chicken breast for supper

What about this one? It was on another thread. I printed it out to try as soon as I get some honey. It looks good and simple.

Here you go!
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts

courtesy of Nodakgal

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.

In a small bowl combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken and brush to cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

o

I saw that Jackie but I dont have any honey plan to get some next time I go to the store.
I been missing your ebay but watching it now!!! Thanks for the idea though hugs for my best ebay buddie!!!!!

o

Here's what I do with chicken breasts -

Brown a little in oil. Add mushroom soup (or any other kind), cover and simmer until done. Meanwhile cook some noodles and add them to the chicken and soup when the chicken is done. Of course you can also add sauted onions, bell peppers or other things, too.
My Bee Wanda in South Texas

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bee Hive - My Blog

o

When I'm at a loss for what to "cover" chicken in I use a can of the chopped green chilies and a little cheese melted over that. Or I coat them in taco seasoning and a little salsa and bake them that way. I get sick of the same old chicken too and we eat a lot of chicken!

o

Here's one of our favourites:

3 boneless, skinless breasts
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp worcestershire
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/8 cup parmesan cheese

Combine butter, mustard, worcestershire and garlic.
Combine bread crumbs and parmesan in a dish.
Dip chicken in butter mixture, then crumbs. Bake 375 45 minutes.

o

An easy favorite that my son has always loved....

Smother chicken breasts with barbeque sauce and bake until tender. Top with mozerella chese and stick back in oven until melted.

Our favorite thing to serve with it is fresh green beans, left whole, and lightly steamed, along with that baked potato you mentioned.

o

Something I often due with chicken (and/or Tilapia) is to combine a bit of mayo, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Add pepper and mix. Spread on chicken breasts, top and bottom, and bake at 425' for 13 minutes. You will find the chicken is tender, juicy and perfectly cooked.

Laurel

o
re:more

I also like this one too..the other two I posted above are for when I don't have many ingredients on hand and don't have to think about it!

Crunchy Baked Chicken
CATEGORY: Low Carb
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
3-4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions:
In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.

o

I was going to suggest mushroom soup too. My mom used to make pasta and then bake chicken breasts in the soup with a few added things in there, like onions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles.

o

Ummm... another one. I love poaching chicken breasts then cutting in bite size pieces. Cook Pasta (any kind). Top with California style veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower - plenty of it) and chicken. Spoon on pre-made alfredo sauce. Yummy and fast.

o

My madeup recipe!
Put chicken breast, on aluminum foil, side by side!
Salt and pepper, little dash of curry pepper on each, then top with an orange slice and an onion slice and a slice of butter on each. Wrap tightly and bake in oven until done.

o

Broil them, then salsa and cheese on top, back under broiler til melted, serve w/ sour cream if u have it. That's what I make when I want fast. Either that or Chicken Caesar salads.

o

I often do the same thing nikki ( just above this post ) only instead of sour cream I chop a little bit of cilantro on it. It's so yummy.

Linda

o

Funny you should ask. I took this picture, and the instructions are with it. I made these on Sunday:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bacon/Cheese/Chicken burgers

o

Marinade in Zesty Italian Dressing and Grill.

Gayle

o

Cheese stuffed chicken breasts:

Slice a "pocket" in the chicken breast. Fill with cheese of your choice (it's ok if some sticks out). Coat with flour.
Place in a baking dish, spray with a little Pam...add some seasoning, cover and bake at 350-375 till done (how long depends on how thick your chicken breasts are...usually about 30 minutes or so). During the last 10 minutes or so, remove the cover, so it can brown a little.

I rarely cook using measurements...so hope you can work around it. LOL

o

Toss in the freezer and go out for dinner.
tired of cooking in MI, Kathy G in MI

o

LOL Good idea Kathy!!!

o

I:M LOL at Kathy also!!!!!!!! I did find some honey so I did Nodakgal CHicken it was good and when Hubby says nothing it means it is good.....
Thanks you for all your ideas I saved them all and plan to try them.

The chicken cheese burger looks so Yummy I am going to try it next.Put cheese on anything and I will eat it thanks and a big hug for all of you imabest

o

I wish I would have seen this post yesterday because I was making chicken breasts also. I made Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken. It's excellent. Let me know if anybody wants it and I will post recipe.

o

We had the one Connie posted awhile back last night. Everyone here loves it! So quick and easy!

Salsa chicken and black beans

1 jar of your fave salsa
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexi-blend cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Place chicken in baking dish and cover with salsa and beans.***I put the beans in bottom of pan, then top with chicken and salsa, cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top and let bake another 5 minutes. Moist, yummy chicken!! Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each.

o

I would love the Honey Pecan Chriken recipe. I sent you a message through My Page.

Thanks!

o

bunny lover, here it is. (I didn't get your message because my email addy has changed. And I don't know how to update it on this site. Anybody know?)

http://www.oduamy.com/honey_pecan_chicken.html

I thought it would be easier to print out if I listed the page.

DH loves this recipe. I use all chicken breasts instead of drumsticks. Bon Appetit!

o

Oh, another idea! Lemon Pepper! I don't eat chicken anymore, so now I use it on fish (especially salmon), but Lemon Pepper Chicken used to be my favorite. I put lemon pepper on everything!

o
RE: what can I do with 2 chicken breast forrecipe supper

Blue, I copied & pasted the link but it didn't work. :(

Lynda

o
RE: what can I do with 2 chicken breast for recipe

It this it?

Yield: 8 servings
Source: Cooking Light Magazine - July 1997
Comments: Southern-fried flavor doesn't have to mean throwing healthy eating out the window. Just use the oven instead of the skillet for chicken that's crunchy and moist, with a hint of sweetness.

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinned chicken breast halves
8 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1-1/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes (about 4 cups uncrushed cereal)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
2. Combine honey, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl; stir well.
3. Combine cornflakes and pecans in a shallow dish; stir well.
4. Brush both sides of chicken with honey mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture.
5. Place chicken pieces on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
6. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray, and bake at 400; for 40 minutes or until done.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
Healthy Units: 6 per serving
calories: 270 carbohydrates: 21.4 g cholesterol: 71 mg fat: 8.9 g sodium: 416 mg protein: 25 g calcium: 15 mg iron: 2 mg fiber: 0.5 g

o

Oh-Oh Vikki that recipe isn't mine. LOL Not sure who you should give credit to.
Mine is black beans, corn, salsa,chicken and a half hour before serving you add a block of cream cheese.

o

Dip the chicken in mayo, then flavored bread crumbs, bake in the oven at 350 for 50 minutes.

o

That salsa chicken was one I have made and posted :o)
Close to Connie's!

o

Oh sorry! I thought it was Connies! I give credit to Glenda then! LOL....Connie yours sound good too...can you post it?? Or is it the same pretty much just dump it all in and bake it with the chicken..then add the cream cheese?

o

Jasdip, I made your recipe last night using Panko bread crumbs (I like these better than the canned bread crumbs and I'm too lazy to make my own). It was very good. I only cooked at 350 for about 40 minutes and it was perfect, very tender and not dry. Thanks.

o

Black Bean and Corn CHicken

1 can Black Beans
1 can Corn
1 jar Salsa
1/2 Brick LF or FF Cream Cheese (cut in chunks)
4 Frozen Chicken Breasts

Cook all together except for cream cheese on high for 5-6 hours. In
the last 1/2 hour, throw the cream cheese on top & let it melt.

***I have used regular and FF cream cheese. Its good either way. I just noticed it says a half of brick...heck I been using a whole 8 oz brick! LOL
Oh, and I thaw the chicken breasts first!

o

Bunny lover the link worked for me:

Here is a link that might be useful: Honey Pecan crusted chicken

o

Thanks Connnie..so it's a crockpot recipe? Even better! Sound so good..may do that one tomorrow and have a lazy day!

o

OH shoot!I didn't say... Yes Vikki Its for the crockpot. I also didn't say I use the 24 oz jar of salsa (Pace here) and I drain a little water off the corn, about half, the black beans I use seasoned ones, don't drain.It smells so good!

o

Thanks ...I'll add your info to the recipe!

o

gwanny's recipe:

Salsa chicken and black beans

1 jar of your fave salsa
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexi-blend cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Place chicken in baking dish and cover with salsa and beans.***I put the beans in bottom of pan, then top with chicken and salsa, cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top and let bake another 5 minutes. Moist, yummy chicken!! Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each.

This was fabulous!!! Only thing is that our supermarket chicken breasts are so large, I'd cook them for at least 45 minutes before adding cheese. Sour cream is a must.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here