SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_rose64

You know its time to

prairie_rose
9 years ago

go back to bed and forget this morning happened!

I normally don't complain too much about the weather or doing chores, actually LOVE what I do everyday.

BUT, this morning when we got up, it is near blizzard conditions. Wind howling, snow blowing sideways straight out of the north. Headed out to the corrals, gate to the one pen is drifted in. Of course the drifts are over a sheet of glare ice, the melted snow now being frozen. Makes for some tricky footwork.

Got the two dry cows grained....headed to the back pen to the little calves. I tell them every morning the first one who kicks me heads to McDonalds. Well this morning Desi decided to try that out. His only saving grace is he only weighs about 550 lbs. so he gets to stay.

Stock water heater is not working, had to chop open the troughs. Checked the plug ins, everything looked fine, which means the breaker was blown.

Fed the big pen of replacement heifers, got kicked again. Then, as I was putting the buckets back in the grainery, my foot went through the pallet platform I have stacked up so I can get in the grainery!

Next stop was the breaker box on the power pole, which I had to get in the back for the truck to reach.,.....only to find it will not reset, no matter how hard I tried.

I told DH I quit for the day, and will now spend it in the kitchen getting ready for Superbowl instead.

DH way of showing any sympathy was to giggle about me putting my foot through the pallets.

If I could I would just crawl back into bed and skip today totally.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I feel much better now.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022