SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Long time, no soda for me, but yesterday was THE day!

glenda_al
10 years ago

Never drink soda, I'm a water person with, ice please, but yesterday, got a craving for my favorite Diet Dr Pepper, so I had one and enjoyed every single sip!

Today, back to iced water!

I DO have my daily one cup of coffee!

Coffee, tea or???? for you?

Comments (28)

• Georgysmom
    10 years ago

Just finished a cup of hot chocolate. Mighty cold here. At this point in my life, whatever I feel like! That includes Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, water, tea and occ. coffee.

• lindyluwho
    10 years ago

Water please. I drink Ice tea and hot tea once in a while.

• Related Discussions

How long after baking soda...

Q

Comments (2)
    Good point! The sprayer I have is only 5 L so it took me a good while to get the project tackled. PLUS, with my 3 kids I had to wake up at 5 o'clock on 3 days to get it done without messing up our day. So, YES you are right about the wait and see approach. I guess I'm just antsy to get my soil "back to normal"...I haven't seen any "cotton" since my application. Here's hoping!!!!
    ...See More

terrible day at work yesterday

Q

Comments (19)
    thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I'm a little more hopeful today since she has defied what the Dr's predicted (that she wouldn't survive the first night). No one from work has called so I'm thinking no news is good news. Please keep her in your prayers. She deserves to see her new grandson and her daughter getting married. Diane
    ...See More

Sad day for me.....(long post)

Q

Comments (36)
    That was a traumatic experience. Its too bad they kicked in the door. In this particular circumstance, they could have cut the security chain. If the chain was too hard for their cutters, a griding disc will make short work of it. The family was lucky to have a caring individaul such as you to alert the authorties.
    ...See More

Long time reader, first time..

Q

Comments (7)
    In my yard, they tend to ignore the feeders and focus on flowers. These are their favorites: Black and Blue Salvia mentioned above, Agastache (I have several varieties), and their super-favorite Redbirds in a Tree. But this time of year, those flowers are not really in bloom, so I hang a feeder.
    ...See More
  • Lily316
    10 years ago

Haven't had soda in 15-20 years, Water here plus two cups of coffee, and I mean BIG ones. .

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just like water!

Never been a tea drinker!

When I did drink soda, DR Pepper, I liked it in a glass with no ice, but chilled from the refrigerator.

Yesterday, went thru a drivethru and ordered their large with little ice. They were accommodating.

• patti43
    10 years ago

Sweet tea and water. Juice sometimes. And of course, my daily protein shakes (which are getting really, really old). I drink a soda occasionally--like root beer and orange the best.

That hot chocolate sure sounds good!

• socks
    10 years ago

I don't drink soda, but I did have a ginger ale recently when my stomach was upset. It helped.

• User
    10 years ago

I have to have 2 cups of coffee in the morning. STRONG coffee. Black. No sugar. Strong enough for people to think it's espresso. Puts hair on your chest, my dad would say. LOL I do love pop. I'm a Pepsi fan. Don't like Coke. I'll also drink Dr Pepper and Fresca. I like my pop ice cold. Almost slurpy icy. Yum!

• YogaLady1948
    10 years ago

Big water drinker here, iced tea I love but do not do much of it anymore and usually green tea. I do drink hot tea, herbal types have tons of those. Yes, I can not get away from coffee in the morning it is such a ritual. But I limit it to 8oz. Sod a 1-2 X's a year, I like the Coke Cola from Mexico, it taste so much better than ours, not as sicky sweet it is made with cane sugar~~they sell it at my grocery store.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    10 years ago

I start my day with a cup of Ovaltine, 1% milk. I'm getting some vitamins, calcium and a little nutrition where I don't feel like eating fork or spoons of food early in the day.

Closer to noon, I may have a Pepsi, not diet, and rarely finish an entire can, wish they made it in smaller sizes. On weekends, DH brings a latte home for me after meeting his friends for early coffee (Sat and Sun every weekend, Starbucks) and I do like those, but rarely buy one for myself unless I'm out of town...a daily Starbucks habit just too expensive to get caught up in ;)

Even now, I have to remind myself to drink water, I just don't think of it.

• eccentric
    10 years ago

I hate coffee and tea. I drink one (usually) small bottle (237 ml( or can (200 ml) of Coca-Cola regular a day - then some still bottled water - and of course, Italian red wine.

morz8 - I live in Canada but have seen the small cans (200 ml) Pepsi here and I believe in the U.S. And if we have them here....

I much preferred Coke when it was made with sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup - the little green tinted bottles in the 1950s. I don't like ice in my Coke - want it straight from the bottle with a straw.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

I'm not a soda drinker anymore, but used to enjoy any of them. Including diet Dr. Pepper! I'll have unsweetened iced tea when out to dinner and lots of water at home, sometimes with lemon, which I always have in the fridge.

I usually start my day with my green drink (fruits and veggies) drink with added protein powder. I'm not ready for forks and spoons early in the morning, either. :-)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

No not a soda drinker, never could drink any type of diet soda and the regular just taste like syrup most of the time.
    I have unsweet tea and Ice water mostly ice water. I have a water mug or bottle with me at all times everywhere.
    The only thing I used to drink and love is the lemon berry slushy at sonic. It is like a lemonade slushy with whole strawberries and lemon sections in it. But it has sugar in it so I stay away. But if I was going to have a splurge that would probably be it.

I drink my iced coffee in the morning with my sugar free chocolate syrup in it, one each morning. I don't really care for hot drinks except the very rare hot chocolate, but have not had one of those in years. Would be good today though.

• Rudebekia
    10 years ago

Good, strong coffee in the a.m. and lots of water all day. Don't like tea and never drink soda. I really feel it if I don't get my 8 cups of water in daily. It is a good habit!

• lydia1959
    10 years ago

I drink lots of iced tea (with Stevia) daily along with several large cups of coffee... usually I have one diet soda a day and a few glasses of plain water. I drink a lot.

• nanny98
    10 years ago

Funny coincidence.... Ice water drinker (lover, really) but yesterday at Costco DH and I shared a Icy cold lemonade.... OMGosh... it was so good..... then when we were on our way home we discovered it was 70 degrees.... breaking the record from 1958... and following many weeks of unusually cold temps. I limit my morning coffee to 1 cup.... would love more, but it makes the BP go up.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    10 years ago

eccentric, I have very occasionally seen the 8 oz cans of Pepsi but it doesn't seem to be a size regularly stocked by stores. And none of my smaller community local stores ever have it that size, I think the last time I picked some up in the right-for-me size can was in Olympia 55 miles away.

I only feel a little guilty pouring some out, suppose it's better than finishing more of a drink than I need or want ;)

While I keep it for guests - Neither one of us are beer drinkers, once in a while on a hot day of gardening we will split one. The small serving cans would work for us there too, but another case where I see the small sizes available just very occasionally.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

I wish that Postum was still around.

• linda_in_iowa
    10 years ago

I gave up pop last year. I used to drink diet Coke or Dew. I now drink water with crushed ice in it. My new refrigerator has a door dispenser. The news lately talks about how bad pop is for us and how diet pop makes us gain weight by craving sugar. When I eat out I usually have ice tea.
    Every morning and afternoon I make a non-fat latte.

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

I can't remember the last time I had a soda. I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, with French Vanilla sugar-free cream, and one packet of Stevia. Then, switch to decaffeinated iced tea, with Stevia...or water for the rest of the day. We have a very deep well, with an underground stream coming down from the mountains, so our tap water is better than bottled water.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I have a mix of black coffee and Diet Coke running through my veins. I have two mugs of Starbucks French Roast every morning. Diet Coke with lunch and Diet Coke with no caffeine for dinner. Occasionally I have a glass of water. Nothing quenches my thirst quite like Diet Coke - ahh!

If I go out I have iced tea for lunch or a glass of wine for dinner. I do like good wine!

• Sue_va
    10 years ago

I don't like coffee; never did. I drink hot tea and ice tea, with sugar. Never did "like" water and drink very little of it.

Used to be a Coca Cola drinker; some time ago I found Cheerwine, a cherry flavored soft drink, at Sharp Shopper. Much cheaper, and much like a cherry Coke. I converted, but now SS doesn't carry them any more because of the rise in prices. Most other chains have them though, and they are cheaper than Cokes, and I do buy them. I have to explain to a first-timer that it is not alcoholic, just like Mountain Dew is not Moonshine.

Heard on the news yesterday that now caramel color is the culprit in soft drinks.

Almost every afternoon I have a Carnation Essentials drink. They are good, and have a lot of what we need. My doctor says they are fine, keep drinking them.

Anybody remember this little jingle: I like coffee, I like tea. I like the boys and the boys like me.

Sue

This post was edited by Sue-va on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 20:41

• mary3444
    10 years ago

I have a cup of coffee every morning. Don't like tea, hot or cold.

Don't eat lunch but I do have a can of vanilla coke each day. Glass of water with dinner.

Sue I do remember that jingle.

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

Coffee in the am, coffee in the middle of the day, another sometimes in the afternoon.
    Water in between.

When I do drink soda, it's only cane sugar sweetend.I avoid all HFCS and artificial sweetened drinks.

Morz8,
    Safeway carries the mini cans of Pepsi, Mt Dew and Coke, sometimes Walmart does too.

• Chi
    10 years ago

I'm mostly a water and tea drinker, both hot and iced. I have a cup of coffee maybe once a week, and a soda maybe once a month. When I do, it's always with sugar as I don't trust artificial sweeteners one bit. Though sugar isn't great for you either so I just avoid sweet drinks.

I also don't drink nearly enough, which is a bad habit I'm trying to fix! Especially because I feel so much better when I am well hydrated, but I'm never thirsty. I think that's a sign of chronic dehydration.

• jannie
    10 years ago

I've been very healthy since my kidney transplant just over 2 years ago. But I've developed quite an appetite and I'm putting on weight. My blood pressure and blood sugar are in the high side of normal. Docs noticed and told me slow down. So I've switched from Coke to water. I keep a pitcher of filtered (not bottled) water i n my fridge. Yesterday I felt thirsty, poured myself a large glass of water with maybe a half teaspoon of lemon juice. It really hit the spot. But once in a while I'll get a fast food meal with a soda. And I do enjoy a couple cups of coffee every day, I still get my caffeine fix. .

• nancylee_ky
    10 years ago

I have a cup of black coffee in the morning before going to work and then may have one more at work. I usually try to have one bottled water in the afternoon and used to drink one can of diet lime coke or coke zero with my dinner at night. I noticed that recently instead of the coke, I tend to have a bottle of green tea. I know I should drink more water though.

• lindaohnowga
    10 years ago

I've never liked or been able to drink any kind of carbonated beverage. Can't stand anything that fizzes at me. LOL Give me coffee and water.Once in a while I like a mint tea or some hot chocolate.

Likewise, don't give me a food like jello that is rubbery and wiggles at me. LOL

• oldfixer
    10 years ago

A pot of coffee before work. Any drink thats cold, but not diet. UGH. Don't forget the Kool Aid!!