SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

Just worrying out loud

satine_gw
9 years ago

Hi all. I don't expect a solution because there really isn't an immediate one but am feeling bad for my youngest daughter. She lives in a pa city in a two bedroom apartment in a very old converted house. She works as a server and is going to school part time. She works many hours per week to cover her expenses but last month received her first gas bill which was over 200.00 and this month it was 277.00. There is no way she can pay this and of course I will help her but she is so frustrated. She seems to take one step forward and two back. I told her to have the gas co check her meter as I am wondering if she is on a "shared" meter. She went shopping the other day and bought some jeans and now she is saying she is going to return them! She is just panicking as I pointed out to her that she needs her jeans for work and returning them will make no dent in the gas bill. It is so hard as a parent to watch your kids (she is not a kid but MY kid) go through tough times. As I said I just needed to worry out loud. Thanks for listening friends. Satine

Comments (23)