SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Did you get yourself something for Christmas?

alisande
9 years ago

A similar thread last year got some criticism related to the commercialization of Christmas, etc., but I'm starting another one this year because not only do I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of pre-Christmas discounts to buy something we've been needing, but I think it's perfectly appropriate to add to the holiday spirit by giving oneself a treat. This is especially true if a loved one who usually does the treating is no longer with us.

After my husband died, I gave my family--and myself--one last Christmas gift from him: cameras for our son and me, and a Tiffany bracelet for our daughter. These were gifts I knew he'd enjoy giving. I don't do that anymore, but if there's something I want to get for myself, something that will bring me pleasure rather than simply fill a need, I'll wait till the holiday season to buy it.

This year I spent more than usual and got myself a new Brother sewing machine. Wonderful reviews! The price has already gone up from when I bought it. I'm excited to try it.

Anyone else?

Comments (27)