SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfixer

Trivial Yapping. Join In.

oldfixer
10 years ago

Still spending endless hours researching medical condition. On 'hold' right now for a few more weeks, finishing up medication. Next lab work will indicate results, then re-evaluate situation on best way to proceed. New list has lots of questions.
Insane weather continues. Polar Vortex? Last Tue we were under a serious "Lake Effect" snow warning. A wind shift pushed it just to the West, and a small area got hammered with 2' of snow (3 in/hr). The Interstate turned into a parking lot. Big mess. Those lucky enough to avoid this area and detour around added over 100 miles to their journey.
Thursday a new system picked on us. Only 6 inches, but a fast & heavy blizzard. That was also the afternoon for a horrible pile-up here on I-94. 46 vehicles smashed together, 3 dead. Internet pictures/newspapers coast to coast had the story. Busses were hauling the injured to hospitals. Ungodly arctic conditions to attempt rescue/cleanup. Interstate closed for 24 hours.
Friday had to shovel, again. Still -30 winds. GRRRRRR. Now Sunday morning and there is 6 more inches of new snow. Oh well, the meter says +10!
Investigated a possible escape to warm, but, not satisfied with findings. Temps only in the upper 70's, and that's only for a short time during the day. I like HOT!!
Early sunsets (dark) means it cools off, and fast. Ugh. Not exciting to sit around in more cool darkness time than warm beach time. It's also high priced season, not worth my funds. Don't mention cruise. I would be insanely bored floating around the ocean. Friends who know advise NOT to try one.
Cooking done, but a Cherry Pie sounds good. The list is full of possssible activities. Nothing urgent, and dirt can wait. Better throw a dart.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Comments (27)