SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Cold weather daydreaming

lucillle
10 years ago

The high today is only supposed to be in the 30s. I realize that you Yankees might scoff at this since in your universe 'below zero' exists, but here where I am, 30s is cold enough to stay in and daydream.

I was thinking this morning of all of you Yankees and praying that you get through your much colder weather, I can't imagine how it must be to do even ordinary things like take kids to school, shop for groceries,go to work on ice slick roads, let alone those who live in rural areas and have to take care of livestock or use a snowplow.

So I'm cozy and inside and daydreaming of the garden next summer. I have eggplants, tomatoes, and peppers all sprouted and under lights. Some of the tomato plants are already three inches tall. All of the tomato seeds sprouted which means I need to think up ways to support them since I only have 7 tomato cages. I'm thinking maybe cattle panels, or rebar.
I sowed wildflower seeds in the fall and it appears that the cold snaps have not killed all the little sprouts outside, I had raked leaves over the wildflower garden area to protect them weeks ago.
And the roses I bought and planted in the last few years since moving in (Mutabilis, Louis Philippe, and Belinda's Dream) are going to be big enough to put on a decent show this year.

What are you daydreaming of, if you are inside all day due to cold?

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert