SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_mb

Book of the Week

stacey_mb
10 years ago

Deep Storm : a novel / Lincoln Child

I found this novel so absorbing and exciting that once I started reading it, I couldn't put the book down and read it in one sitting. It took several hours to read because it's 370 pages long. Fortunately I had no commitments that day and when DH saw that I had a book glued to my hands, he (thankfully) cooked lunch and dinner for us.

The book begins with a mysterious undersea discovery that is made by an oil rig drilling in the North Atlantic. It is speculated that the find is the lost city of Atlantis. But is it? A highly secret and technologically advanced science station is established beneath the sea to investigate. The science station is very large and a great number of people are employed there. The atmosphere of the undersea location, evoking thoughts of claustrophobia, adds enormously to the suspense, intrigue and tension of the novel.

This is a part of the cover blurb: "Former naval doctor Peter Crane is urgently summoned to a remote oil platform in the North Atlantic to help diagnose a bizarre medical condition spreading through the rig. But when he arrives, Crane learns that the real trouble lies far below - on "Deep Storm," a stunningly advanced science research facility built two miles beneath the surface on the ocean floor. The top-secret structure has been designed for one purpose: to excavate a recently discovered undersea site that may hold the answers to a mystery steeped in centuries of myth and speculation."

Comments (6)