SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_mb

Book of the Week

stacey_mb
9 years ago

All the light we cannot see : a novel / Anthony Doerr.

An Amazon Best Book of the Month, May 2014.

This is an incredible book. The author has reached for the stars in this novel with his beautiful use of language and the wonderful story. As I read the book over Christmas, the magical feeling that I got from reading the lovely language seemed to intersect with the magical time of the season. In addition to the main story lines, the novel is also about storytelling and the human connections it forges, along with the richness it brings to our lives. The plot moves back and forth through time and I found that I needed to pay attention to the dates of the book's sections.

Excerpt from Amazon: "From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II. Doerr's "stunning sense of physical detail and gorgeous metaphors" (San Francisco Chronicle) are dazzling. Deftly interweaving the lives of Marie-Laure and Werner, he illuminates the ways, against all odds, people try to be good to one another. Ten years in the writing, All the Light We Cannot See) is a magnificent, deeply moving novel from a writer "whose sentences never fail to thrill" (Los Angeles Times)."

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH