Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would tile like this work for a backsplash?

Posted by Mayo510 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 23:53

Currently dreaming up ideas for a behind-the-range tile panel on the backsplash. Originally I'd been thinking just of some diagonal tile edged with something more colorful - we're not going for flashy. But then . . .we have some decorative leaded window elsewhere in the house, including one in the pattern shown. What about something like this in white tile with dark grout?

Have you ever seen tiles with that rectangular, pointed end shape? Do you think this would work for a backsplash?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would tile like this work for a backsplash?

I've never seen tile that shape but it seems to me that rectangular tile could be cut fairly easily, if you have rectangles that are as large as you would like.

o

A tile shop can you this for you if you are not handy.

o

Here is a link for tile in that shape. It's called beveled picket. They also offer a flat picket too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picket tiles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here