Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what epoxy/caulk for the seam where backsplash meets countertop?

Posted by huango (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 23:01

Hola,
For those with any non-tile backsplash (either the standard 4" to all the way up the ceiling), what material is used for the seam between backsplash and the countertop?

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I can't find the thread.

So my slab Danby marble hood backsplash was SQUEEEEEEZZZED in today. Then the installer applied a clear silicone caulk where the backsplash meets the same marble countertop.
I am asking because I don't think it looks "finished".
Will take pix tomorrow morning in the sunlight (no electricity in kitchen yet).

In many of the pictures I see online, the seam material looks similar to the same epoxy color as that of my countertop seam.

thank you,
Amanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what epoxy/caulk for the seam where backsplash meets countert

Here's my thread, for when I was searching. Hags00 provided the best link for caulk. Your kitchen is just amazing, I love seeing your pictures! Do you happen to have any backsplash shots handy, or are you saving for a reveal? Best of luck, oldbat2be

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: Caulking today, need color advice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here