Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Houzer granite sink vs silgranit vs elkay?

momto3kiddos
11 years ago

Recently picked out plumbing fixtures for our new build and the showroom didn't have silgranit sinks on the floor. I have seen them elsewhere and really liked it, but the sales person recommended elkay and better yet, houzer. She said they seemed to be thicker and stronger sinks. She will, however, order whatever I want.

The houzer and elkay sinks looked nice, but all my research had pointed me to silgranit. I want a large single bown with offset drain, and I don't see an offset drain on the houzer website, but I swear she showed it to me in the catalog.

I also like the silgranit colors better... The metallic or truffle are my preferences. I am leaning towards a delicatus or Bianco antico granite with a grayish taupe island. Both main sink and prep sink will be in the island... Yes, it is huge.

I don't really care for the dimensions of the prep sinks in the silgranit line, though. I want a sink large enough to work in easily but not take up too much space. Silgranit only has the bar sink... Too small. And the single bown kitchen sink 22x18. Is this too big?

Please give me some guidance! Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES