Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
1929spanish

I should be.....but instead I'm......

1929Spanish
11 years ago

I should be planning my Christmas menu (for 13 guests).

But instead I'm drinking wine and surfing the web for no reason.

Comments (39)

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

I should be making snack mix for gifts for neighbors and friends, but instead I've been putting down plywood in the family dining/play room, adjacent to the kitchen. The guys that were going to do it today flaked, because of the weather. I don't need no stinkin' floor guys. :P

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I should be setting the table and doing getting menu items all set for brunch with neighbors tomorrow morning, making grocery list for Christmas Eve dinner for my DH's side of family, planning Chritsmas morning brunch for my children and their spouses, shoveling my front walk before it freezes solid,and going to bed before midnight for a change but instead I'm watching the news and checking out GW. Oh yeah, I'm drinking wine too.

• lindabiddle
    11 years ago

This morning I should have been at my office setting up for the coming tax season. Instead I had to play mediator to my GC, the appliance installers preliminary visit (whatever that is) 2 subcontractors, their crew...And a Partridge in a pear tree! I wish I had some of your wine because I can't find any of mine in all the mess.

• juliekcmo
    11 years ago

I should be at my neighbor's for a cookie exchange.

Instead I just watched Beverly Hills Cop with DD 2.

• poohpup
    11 years ago

I should be drinking wine.

• 1929Spanish
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay....after I posted this, I felt guilty and put the decorations on the tree. But that pesky menu still isn't planned and I'm ready to go to bed.

Work conference calls start tomorrow at 6am...hopefully the folks on the East Coast go home early tomorrow. :)

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

"I should be" retired... "but instead I'm" ...working my tail off

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Should be in bed, instead reading GW!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I'm drinking wine.
    I've been surfing Pinterst for 4 days.
    I missed the last 4 decent days to repot hosta and Japanese Maples.
    The wind is so strong it's rattling my windows right now.
    Should be in bed, too. Mary Rieley just ended.

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Merriest Christmas to all !

This post was edited by go_figure01 on Tue, Dec 25, 12 at 15:30

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    11 years ago

Well, I should be getting up and getting an early start on last minute holiday stuff as there are only four more days until Christmas.
    BUT TODAY IS THE APOCALYPSE so instead I am lounging in bed with a second cup of coffee.
    And I might even eat BACON for breakfast!!!

• deedles
    11 years ago

I should be cleaning out the fridge, getting it ready for the influx of food, doing the laundry and getting the house tidied up. (Today is the Apolcalypse, lol. In 9/8?) And I will. But right now I'm sitting here, with all of you, drinking coffee in the light of the Christmas tree and pondering how I've gone from age 20 to 51 in what seems like about 5 years. Not sad about it, just pondering how it goes so fast.
    And also I'm wondering why my tree has no tinsel or a star on it yet and if that matters....
    My dishwasher is full and running at least.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I should get up.

But instead I'm surfing GW on my phone while staying in my warm toasty bed. And txt'g with dd2 about her arrival time. I need to get a coffee pot set up somewhere upstairs.....preferably Close enough to the bed so I don't have to get out of it to get a cup, what would be the point otherwise?

• flgargoyle
    11 years ago

I should be cleaning the garage. I figured I'd get a pass, what with the world ending and all, but the world (and the garage) are still here.....

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

I should be writing my last few Christmas cards and going to the post. I always send a few late as it's nice to get mail(not bills) anytime during Christmas week.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

I should be finishing trimming the tree, doing my Christmas shopping and grocery shopping for the big Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day breakfast and dinner, not to mention cleaning my house, but instead I've been down in OK for 11 days because DS2 had emergency surgery last week and we're waiting for the dr to finally call us with scan results (been waiting since Tuesday--I may hunt him down if he doesn't call by noon). DS2 and I drive home to CO tomorrow--it will feel so good to get back home! (oh, and did I mention that the week before DS2 had to have the emergency surgery, his wife told him she wants a divorce)

Luckily, there are just 6 of us for Christmas (immediate family only including my mom) and since it's all adults, we're just going to have a toned down Christmas (gift wise, at least) but we'll definitely appreciate being together eating and drinking (there may be somewhat more drinking this year . . .).

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Laying in bed at 8:30 am listening to the wind. Hubby asked me to please stay home because my little car will be on the receiving end of the multiple snow drifts. I missed breakfast with my friends. Ready to start baking again.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I should be taking a shower, instead I'm here reading about others slacking as well. Being retired means actually inventing "should do" things, so I can't really complain. Except it's way too early to start drinking. :)

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    11 years ago

1929spanish, good thread!

Yesterday I should have been vacuuming and cleaning for company but instead I fiddled around with the Christmas dinner menu. (With one 27" oven, appliance coordination is an art :) or the mother of invention or something like that.) But at least our company let us know they'll be coming Saturday, after dinner, instead of on Friday, for dinner, so that makes things much easier!

This morning, I should be getting ready and going into town for groceries but instead I'm now googling madre perla counters thanks to localeater's new pics. The word "bulletproof" always gets me...

Bee, maybe one of those single-cup brewers? Some of them are getting quite compact, perhaps enough for your nightstand.

cheers

• allison0704
    11 years ago

I should be cleaning the house and waiting on DD1 (gum surgery yesterday), but instead I'm dealing with a sinus infection. Went to the doctor today, so should be feeling better soon.

• ljcrochet
    11 years ago

I should be working, filling out forms instead of reading on here and texting DH who is home checking on the plumbers so hopefully our master bathroom shower will be one step closer to finished. He had to fix the electric, got to love paying a GC and doing the work yourself.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

I should be putting away my groceries and then making another batch of shortbread. But, as we can all tell, I'm sitting here having a cup of coffee and visiting.

• mountaineergirl
    11 years ago

well I'm with the wine drinkers this evening!

should be wrapping presents (haven't wrapped one yet!) but I'm having wine and choc truffles, surfing the web. While my joints grow stiff :(

• Susan
    11 years ago

should be folding laundry and instead i'm here and planning to melt semi sweet chocolate over fresh pineapple for later. and wondering just how long i can wait to make it,lol.

• pqsmom
    11 years ago

I should be wrapping the presents purchased on yesterday's 5 hour shopping spree.
    Instead I am sitting in front of the fire with a rum and coke watching Sex and the City!

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

I should be drinking eggnog...
    but instead I'm drinking Bailey's!

It's been a long week, and I'm ready for holiday cheer of all alcoholic varieties. (and they were out of eggnog at the store tonight)

Sex and the City sounds about right too, nice choice!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Should be wrapping the rest of the Christmas presents. And probably folding laundry, but at least most of its clean so that's a start!

Instead, we got take out for dinner and are watching Dr. Who shows. Plus I'm multitasking and reading here while I try to pick a range hood.

I skipped the Muscato d'Asti tonight in favor of mocha swirl ice cream. Definitely enjoying more wine lately though as ordering time draws closer.

• 1929Spanish
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your posts make me feel so much better. I bought a turkey tonight. I have no clue what I'm going to do with it or put with it. So my solution was to get in bed at 8:00pm. Long week at work.

Thanks for sharing!

• Kitch4me
    11 years ago

I should be cleaning the house and getting ready for Christmas dinner.

Why is it, I only notice the dirt when company is coming?
    Instead, I'm having a glass (or two) of wine and sitting in front of the computer!

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

I should be wrapping gifts and folding laundry, but instead...
    I'm doing my new spice drawer : )

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

hi 2Fishies,
    I bet you are having soo much fun. How are you doing in your new kitchen anyway? Post some more eye candy for us!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

2fishies - smiles. That is MUCH more fun and gratifying!

It's nice to see the Christmas procrastination is an epidemic and not just me! Hehehe.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I should be filling out the FEMA forms for the flood insurance waiver, but instead, I'm putzing around and looking at GW, again.

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

I should be grocery shopping for Christmas eve dinner and Christmas brunch.

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

But instead I am playing around on my dd1 Google tablet she is getting for Christmas. Is it it wrong to keep it for me?

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I mailed the FEMA forms....

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

I managed 4 loads of laundry and a batch of holiday treats but here I am again.....

gaonmymind-well you need to use it so you can help her if she has questions right. That is the right thing to do. ;)

• zeebee
    11 years ago

Should be doing Xmas cards....instead I'm on GW and half-watching the Falcons-Lions game.

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas to all !

This post was edited by go_figure01 on Tue, Dec 25, 12 at 15:29

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH