Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
williamhayden_gw

Introduction of a new user

WilliamHayden
11 years ago

Hello Friends,

A big hello to all the members of this community. I am new to this forum family, I have come here to share my knowledge and also gain some knowledge. Hope to see you around. I wish for a long stay in this forum.

Thanks
William Hayden

Comments (40)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Well, hello!

Do you like Reese's cups?

This post was edited by CEFreeman on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 22:38

• Gracie
    11 years ago

WilliamHayden is interested in a lot of forums. Even a clown forum! How appropriate!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Then it doesn't matter if he likes Reese's cups.

I think that's character indicative, you know.

• Iowacommute
    11 years ago

WilliamHayden-that was a very graceful entrance. I just popped in one day after some slight forum stalking.

Welcome aboard!

• Gracie
    11 years ago

Maybe he eats the jumbo Reese's to go with his jumbo shoes!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Does anyone NOT like Reese's cups? I can only think of one person and he's 10 and likes to be 'different' so I'm not counting him.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

OK Autumn I have to admit I don't as I do find them too sweet.
    I like to put plain (no sugar) peanut butter directly on dark chocolate.
    You can change the ratio depending on whether you need protein or comfort :)

• User
    11 years ago

CEFreeman is quite the seductress...

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I don't like Reese's cups. I love both chocolate AND peanut butter, but not together.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Wow! I like the ratio of the mini cups but I don't really like the full size so I get what you are saying. I haven't found anything with chocolate on it that I don't like. Fruit, nuts, raisins, it's all yummy.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I particularly enjoy the Peanut butter lover's Giant Reese's cups. Strangely only found at CVS and gas stations. Not at Wal-mart, once in a while at Safeway, but they are elusive.

I found a [drum roll] TWO POUND Reese's cup at the gas station last week. I just couldn't let myself do it. I knew I'd eat it all at once. But oh, I dream about it.

• mjsee
    11 years ago

I love Reese's cups. But not the giant ones. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio seems...off.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

It has become very obvious that I am going to have to check out Reese's peanut butter cups. Do they come in dark chocolate?

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

No.
    They come in one way only.
    However, in many forms where the ration of peanut butter to chocolate seems to influence the flavor. It's a great mystery of science.

Now, to me that is all irrelevant. I, like most deeply addicted Reese's cup lovers, eat all the chocolate off first (best when kept in the fridge) then I eat the peanut butter.

I just found a fabulous recipe online for Reese's cup cookies. I almost fell over with rapture.

• momand3boys
    11 years ago

haha... I did buy my DH white chocolate Reese's cups around Easter I think. And I did see dark chocolate as well, but those are not the norm. I love Reese's cups. I'd eat the entire bag if I didn't slap myself. I actually saw a humongous box of Russell Stover's at Target the other day. If I received that for a gift, I'd lock myself in a room with it and make myself sick. But it would be so worth it!

CE - is that the one where you use the mini muffin tin? I'm going to make some, probably next week. They are good!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

How many bites does it take to get to the middle of a reeses peanut butter cup? Haha! Not many not matter what size!

blfenton- now you are talking, dark chocolate is my favorite! I haven't ever happened upon them that way though. At Christmas they have the mini's in a bag with Christmas colored wrappers just like the assorted hershey's mini bars (krackle, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, with almonds).

Totally off topic now but my all time favorite is the Dove Truffle Egg that comes out at Easter. LOVE them! You can't get smoother than that.

WilliamHayden must not like chocolate. I want to add ... badly but I've been reading the grammar post. Ugh.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

"NooooOOOoooooo!" she wailed!

White chocolate?!? I cannot imagine how delicious and different the flavors would be. I find white chocolate very sweet.

No, the cookies are here. They involve rapping peanut butter cookie around the Reese's cup. OMG. I am gonna have to bake for the first time in probably 30 years.

I might lock myself in a room and eat the hole darned batch. If they ever get past the cookie dough stage.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

DH loves Reese's! I buy them for him when he goes away. I don't like them. Actually, I can't really say since I've never had one. Peanut allergy :-(

(Though I guess it says a lot that DH married me knowing his beloved PB cups would be banned from the house)

• Sherriode
    11 years ago

My favorite are Trader Joe's Dark Choclate peanut butter cups. They are just the right size and come in a nice little tub.

• Gracie
    11 years ago

Target has the giant Reese's in this week's ad.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Oh, man.
    I had Wal-mart planned for prescriptions and pet food today, but now I have to go all the way around the block to Target, too!? It's going to cut into my Community Forklift time.

Sherriode, I've never had another brand of Reese's cups (peanut butter cups, more accurately named) that taste anywhere the same. There's something about the peanut butter I can't figure out.

I'll let you know how this foray goes.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

blfenton-what luck! In a conversation at work today someone mentioned DARK chocolate reeses peanut butter cups (what timing). I am not sure where they bought them but they DO exist and they said they were excellent!

• blubird
    11 years ago

Trader Joe's has dark chocolate peanut butter cups - not Reese's of course, but they are good, or so my husband says. I love dark chocolate and peanut butter, just not together. My vice is the dark chocolate covered almonds, and I just discovered their cocoa truffles today.

Helene

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Seeing so many posts on this thread, I decided that maybe William Hayden had something wonderful to offer so clicked the thread. Instead I find y'all talking OT about peanut butter cups! I didn't really like them until I experimented about 10 years ago with a Hershey bar in the peanut butter jar. Yummy!

I bought a bag of Costco's mini cups the day before my Dad's memorial service. I forgot to put them out when folks came to the house afterwards. I forgot the behind some baking supplies in the pantry until recently. Now, I enjoy 1-2 per night after everyone goes to bed and the house is mine. I say only 1-2 because, while tasty, they aren't Reece's.

I've eaten the occasional dark chocolate Reece's. But, hold on to your hats, I'm not a big dark chocolate fan. Blasphemy, I know. I love, love, love me some chocolate, just not dark.

I enjoyed watching Downton Abbey last night while avoiding the dark, cloaking ad here and while downing too much hazelnut choco bar. Tonight? After the WWHL drinking game with my gin and tonic, peanut butter cups! DD is spent her third day in a row battling a nasty, awful cold with diarrhea and hasn't been sleeping well so I'm self-soothing with gin and chocolate. :)

Btw, I'm not sure if the apostrophe is grammatically correct at the end of Reece's, but the iPad auto-corrects me so I'm leaving it.

• Gracie
    11 years ago

We only care about chocolate.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Obviously. :)

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I posted that to the spammer, breezy, not you! They removed his post and now it sounds like I'm dismissing your post! Jeeze Louise!

• jscout
    11 years ago

Hey, did I get deleted? Boo! I thought my comment was funny! Guess not.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

breezy- I wondered about the apostrophe as well. I didn't want to get in trouble with the grammar police and so I googled Reese's And the packages have the apostrophe in the word. I figure it's a patent thing or something so I put it in.

I'm on the hunt for dark chocolate Reese's this afternoon while Christmas shopping.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Now, see, I came along to this thread late and wondered if I had missed something. Looks like a post was deleted! That was what I hadn't seen. Oh well, the thread still reads as funny even without the post.

Could someone please give me the gist of said post in nice terms?

May--no offense!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Wait......Jscout-yours was the deleted post? You?? Someone give me the censored dets!!

• jscout
    11 years ago

I think deedles got deleted too, because that's who I was responding to.

deedles said something like: Oh [brown potty filler begins with a C ends with a P named after a guy from Seattle]. Was that spam?

I responded in jest: SPAM is not [Seattle dude's invention filler], but RPBC is.

SPAM as in the other red meat. RPBC because I don't like them and when melted, they look like said filler. :)

This post was edited by jscout on Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 12:07

• Gracie
    11 years ago

The OP came back under a different name and posted spam with a link to cabinets. That's who I was telling we only care about chocolate.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

blfenton let me know if you find them. I am on the look out too. :)

Interesting the lengths that people go to for spam. But I guess that can apply to many different things. Oh well, it's back to chocolate talk.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jscout. Got it, except for the part about the guy from Seattle. I live in the area and still don't get it. Will google.

Now I understand how this whole thread became about chocolate and peanut butter and wasn't just a random introduction of the beloved, to some, RPBC.

• Karen Nory
    11 years ago

I'm also a new user. I like the dark chocolate Reese's but I only find them at Halloween.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Breezy and everyone.
    Thanks for clearing this up for me as well. I read it, shook my head, read again, felt sorry for the poor guy, then thought, nope, something I'm missing that everyone else understood. I hate it when I come late to a party!!

• jscout
    11 years ago

breezy, sorry, I got it all wrong. For some reason I though Thomas Crapper was from Seattle. He's not. But there's some significance with Seattle and his invention.

This post was edited by jscout on Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 13:42

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jscout. I'll still have a go at an internet search to find the connection.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I feel so uninformed.
    I've never seen dark chocolate Reese's. (I started this whole, informative thing.) I will be on the look out .

Now, has any had the Reese's Easter egg peanut butter cup? OMG. Did I mention O.M.G!?! nummy....

I just ate the last of my gas station, Peanut Butter Lovers Reese's. But now I know! YEAH!