Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
modern/contemporary kitchen faucet recommendation

Posted by plumberry (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 22:15

Can you recommend your faucet? need reliable quality and good ergonomic spray either side spray or integrated.
medium price range
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: modern/contemporary kitchen faucet recommendation

We just got a Moen STo and like it a lot

o

I'm trying to find a way to afford this one. It's the Kohler Karbon. SO gorgeous. Pretty sure oldbat2be has one. It has an integrated sprayer. Beautiful. At around $1200.

Here is a link that might be useful: Karbon

o

This is my dream one -

It's got a pull-down sprayer and motionsense technology for hands-free washing. $398 at HomeDepot.

Here is a link that might be useful: MOEN with MotionSense

o

Brizio Vuelo, with smart touch. Ordered bottom in cocoa

o

I love my Grohe Eurostyle, with side spray.

Love the new sink! photo IMG_0909_zpsbf7fa0b0.jpg

o

Some of my favorites...not exactly cheap:

Ono Highflex by KWC
Grohe Minta
Rohl Modern Architectural
Blanco Culina

o

Grohe concetta at prep, Blanco culina at cleanup. Love my tapmaster at prep! Love having the handle at the front, but can't (and don't have to) for the culina because the handle is so long.

photo IMG_1469_zps96718afe.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: grohe on ebay

o

Kohler Karbon hands down. Not exactly mid range but if I moved I would splurge again, it is that functional.

My other faucet is the Grohe Minta which I also like , but the Karbon is my favorite.

o

Be aware with the Grohe Minta (and this is why I didn't get it) that once you turn on the spray, you have to turn the water off for it to go back to stream. That would be very annoying to me (and was, for the month we were living with friends who had one) so we rejected it. We got the Hansgrohe Citterio M, which is a similar style but you can toggle between stream and spray (it's not installed yet). Also, for that same look, but at a slightly more modest price, look at the Delta Trinsic (joaniepoanie has it, and likes it).

o

Hansgrohe Talis S in polished chrome. (Very old pic judging by the size of my cat.)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I had that Hansgrohe for the prep sink in my previous home - really nice faucet. We got the Hansgrohe Citterio M this time (but it's not installed yet).

o

I've been happy with our Rohl Modern Luxe..

.. photo NEW_010.jpg

o

I have the Moen motionsense faucet and I can't recommend it. It is always going off when there is movement near it and we're constantly getting unexpectedly getting soaked. We have it in the laundry room because I thought it would be a good utility sink faucet (you know, dirty hands from paint ... I guess?) Bad idea. You should have seen the tiler as he was trying to install the backsplash. LOL. His sleeves were dripping wet and he was pissed. tee hee. As a faucet, it is fine though.

o

Another voice for Kohler Karbon. Two and one half years later, absolutely love it. If we ever move, I will rip it out, no, oh wait, it may be a selling point. It is so functional. I dont know how or why it got so crazy expensive. Maybe popularity.

o

I am on the road again and hard to add pictures from my phone.
Waterstone PLP is another option. It is in the same price range as the Karbon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here