Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need some help please - kitchen colors

Posted by carrie722 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 22:13

Hi Everyone -

So we are doing a mini kitchen re-do. We did the floor and backsplash a few years ago. We have Golden Oak cabinets. They are actually really well made and were custom built. I do not care for the color - but my husband refused to paint them white like I wanted. So we did the floors a beige ceramic and the backsplash is a tumbled marble small subway pattern. Also, not my first choice - I probably would have went with a subway tile.

So I have convinced my husband to paint the cabinets white after showing him some posts on how great they would look. We are also going to take down a half wall and put small breakfast bar in. Currently we have white Corian countertops. Although I would like to change these out too - right now it's not in the budget.

So my main question is what wall color do you think would go well with the redo?

Also, what material/color do you think would work well for the breakfast bar we are putting in. I was thinking of doing something similar to a carrera marble, but with beige streaking, instead of grey. This way it's not too different from the white countertops we currently have. Or do you think I should do a beige granite?

Thanks so much for your advise. Any photos would also be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need some help please - kitchen colors

well with white cabs and counters i think the sky is the limit for you.
what is the look you're going for? i'm a fan of gustavian grey--check out my thread,lol--but atm my kitchen has saffron walls with a red wall behind the range!
have you googled white kitchens for a good look at tons of options?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here