Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blackchamois

Help! I knicked my Caesarstone counter edge!

blackchamois
9 years ago

I'm so upset with myself! I just put a chip in my Caesarstone counter at the sink on the inside edge.

Visibly it's not noticeable, however the chipped area is a little sharp and I'm afraid that a dishcloth will catch on it and may pull more off (such as if you had a chipped finger nail that catches on everything and eventually more of the nail comes off.)

The counters were installed in May of this year and are still under warranty by the installer, but this isn't really an installation issue.

I guess I could call the installer to see if they can help ... or call Caesarstone, but any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments (6)

• User
    9 years ago

Superglue to build up and smooth the edge.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

lwo - i found a tiny roundish chip on my granite today, not on an edge, and plopped some silicone into the divot. superglue is better though? on a flat surface as well? for such a small divot, i didnt want to bother calling my fabricator.

blackchamois- is it possible your fabricator will fill the chip? the place i went with has a lifetime chip fix for their customers. i had them fill an edge chip and i cant even find it.

• blackchamois
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Superglue? Really? Hmmm.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will call the fabricator and see if they will come out.

It is a little more noticable than I thought - sort of a white-ish mark but not very large. More concerned about more of the edge chipping away.

Thanks!

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Super glue is what my fab told me too.

• sas95
    9 years ago

I used a chip repair kit I found on Amazon for a rather large chip on the inside edge of the counter by the sink, and was pleased with how well it worked for us.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chip repair kit

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

BlackChamois:

Go to your local hobby store and get thin superglue and accelerator. Clean the chip with acetone or alcohol. If the chip is on a vertical edge, adhere Scotch tape over it. Drop the superglue into the chip with the dammed tape edge and spray it with accelerator; be sure to over-fill it a bit. The glue will set nearly instantly when sprayed.

Remove the tape and spray the accelerator against the edge for good measure. You may have to reapply the superglue. Use a perpendicular razor blade to scrape the over-filled superglue to flush. It's sharp enough to scrape the glue, but won't scratch the surface.