Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless Cabinet Pulls, Schaub, Giagni

Posted by wobbly1905 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 22:11

We looked at Schaub stainless steel bow cabinet pulls today, and like them. The largest pull has a list price of $20.
Online we found Giagni pulls that appear to come in the same sizes. They cost about 1/2 of the Schaub. Anyone compared the two brands?

Despite the Teutonic and Italian brand names, both lines could well be Chinese.

Here is a link that might be useful: Giagni Stainless Bow Pull

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless Cabinet Pulls, Schaub, Giagni

Schaub makes most, if not all, of their knobs in the USA. I don't know about Giagni.
Funny thing about the cabinet hardware decision, it comes toward the end of the process. We are not only tired of making decisions, we also have budget fatigue and some budget guilt, perhaps.
I had the same question about pulls I considered. I ordered a sample of each on line in order to hold both in my hands.

o

I agree, localeater.
I'm not even 1/2 way done, but I've lived with "in progress" for so long that the places I am done, and need pulls?

I've decided I'm really into the Blue Tape look.

o

CEFreeman, did you ever find your dream pulls? I think I am remembering correctly that it was you who was in love with the delicate tapered sash pull. Is that right?

o

Schaub is now owned by Assa Abloy, a global conglomerate that owns many brands which were once USA companies. I found a link showing that some of Schaub's hardware is from Hong Kong.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here