Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not only is it on an island,

Posted by palimpsest (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 22:08

Not only is this range on a shallow island. It's right inside the front door. The front door opens to the bottom of the staircase. I am more liberal than some about ranges on islands, but this is not a good spot. Those windows and door shown are to the back yard, I've been in a house on this block.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not only is it on an island,

Is that the original kitchen location, or was it moved? Looks like an old house.

Here is a 1950s home I visited: the silver door at the back is the garage door, and the photographer is standing in the doorway to the casual dining spot, family room, and passage to LR and the rest of the house. This is a major throughway!

o

Old. Pre-Civil war, and the original kitchen was probably in the basement. This neighborhood was redeveloped with kitchens put inside the front door, but originally with a narrow hallway past the kitchen toward the back of the house. That way the LR has access to a small yard and can use the entire width of the house.

o

This is weird. Also, those two stools facing the wall right next to a dining table. However, at least nobody has to ask what's for dinner when s/he comes home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here