Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IKEA cabinet pulls?

Posted by andreak100 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 22:03

I've more or less decided on going with a "European style" pull like these from IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60138759/

I would consider our kitchen remodel to be upper "middle budget". The IKEA pulls seem to be what I keep coming back to in terms of style, and other places have similar pulls.

My concerns are two fold:
1.) are there issues quality-wise with the IKEA pulls or things that I should consider that I'm possibly overlooking as the IKEA ones seem to be less expense than other options.
2.) will the pulls look obviously less expensive (read: cheap)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IKEA cabinet pulls?

I have Ikea handles and they are great, no concerns w/ quality.

I use these w/out the round rosettes.
They are neutral/blend into the background so people notice my marble and bling lights, etc.

The only thing I think of is that I don't like handles that can catch my pockets, etc. So I put knobs on the upper cabinets and the handles below.

The Lansa will definitely catch/rip stuff.

o

We have the Lansa's in our basement kitchenette, mounted horizontally, and they have held up really well. The large ones are awesome as towel holders and my husband hangs his shirts on the pantry door handle on coat hangers (the kitchenette has turned into his personal morning sanctum since it is adjacent to a bathroom), after 6 years that one is not new looking but not obviously worn either unless you really look. WIth the wider pulls like the Lansa you have to mount the corner cabinet handles vertically for the doors to fully open but once they are in , no-one has ever noticed or commented on the difference.

o

We have Lansa handles in our master bath and while they look great I would not get them again for the reason huango mentions - they grab my pants sometimes. So in our kitchen we got Vinna handles and they seem great so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinna handle

o

I have the Lansa handles and the quality is excellent - my sister has more expensive name-branded version of the same style, and neither of us could see any quality difference.

I haven't had clothes catch, but I have yanked my iPod earbuds out of my ear fairly regularly if I forget to run the cable under my apron or shirt.

But I like the design so much, I can live with that.

o

I have the varde handles as pictured above. I used the rosettes. I had thought of the lansa but my husband was not fond of them. He wanted a more chunky handle due to large hands. They look great. No issues so far.

o

I have Fintorp pulls and knobs and I haven't had any problems with them. We've had them installed for over a year and they still look brand new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here