Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caden_gw

Signature Custom Cabinets

caden
13 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Signature Custom cabinets?

Comments (16)

• better2boutside
    13 years ago

Hey Caden!

Signature cabs are mfg in Penn in the Lancaster region. They are direct competitiors of Rutt cabinetry and run about 20% less.

They offer Framed and Frameless cabinets and are fully custom. There is a wide range of colors in stain as well as paint. They are very reliable, their production teniques are solid and have technical engineers who review the order prior to going into production.

Signature works on an "a la carte" basis. They offer a lot of options for upgrades so that you can be flexible with the pricing. (Currently they are now offering blumotion full extension undermount slides as a standard.)

I can give you a better answer if I know what are you looking to do in terms of finish/style etc?

• caden
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the information! Trying to make a final decision on cabinets. This was helpful.

• sconway11324
    13 years ago

Hey better2boutside,

I am trying to determine if the Signature Cabinets that you are referring to are the same Signature Cabinets makers who I had 13 years ago. When I moved in, I asked my builder to give me a list of contractors and it indicated Signature Cabinets for my kitchen. I called the rep and number I had but it is not a company # anymore. Do you know if they used to do cabinets directly for builders in the No.VA area? I would like to make some changes and wanted to see if I could just go with them again so that the color/style would remain the same.

Would appreciate any info. thanks
    Sandy

• better2boutside
    13 years ago

Hey Sandy!

Sorry I did not respond. I lost this post in the forum volume and just fell accross it again.

The Signature Cabinets of Lancaster was never in Virginia to my knowledge.

Matching existing cabinets can be tricky depending on the construction and door detailing, not to mention the color.

• sas95
    13 years ago

I'm having Signature cabinets installed at this very moment. The quality seems great, and they look beautiful.

• bagpipers
    13 years ago

We were going to purchase Signature Cabs, which looked great but we changed our mind at the minute to Crown Point. We have both sample doors here at home and the Crown Point is thicker then the Sig Cab, I believe it's 3/4 vs 1 inch.

The best part about switching was now have full control on the design process and pricing of my order. Our final price was thousands less then Signature, we got exactly what we wanted and the doors/cabs are built like a tank.

Signature seemed to an excellent cab company but I believe I got a far better product for less money.

• dreamojean
    10 years ago

What other cabinet lines is Signature comparable to? Our budget is more semi-custom than custom but I've heard good things about Signature, so would be curious about how it falls along the spectrum price, quality wise etc.

• safemommy
    7 years ago

Can anyone speak to Signature's SELECT line vs. CUSTOM --quality, longevity, etc.?

• Jenny
    6 years ago

Safrmommy did you ever find out the answer to this? Did you buy signature? I have the same question right now.

• Nicole
    5 years ago

Hello - I see that you've had Signature cabinets about a year now. I am considering them for new painted kitchen cabinetry. What finish did you get? Are you still happy with the finish and overall durability of their cabinets?

• safemommy
    2 years ago

We went with a white painted finish and yes, happy with the cabinetry and company

• Linda McCullough
    2 years ago

The best. I am on my 3rd custom Signature Kitchen. My designer is Judi Price. She is just amazing.

• Mom In mass
    last year

Hi! I realize this thread is a few years old, but worth a try…We are considering signature cabinetry now. Are you all still happy with your investment? (Especially curious about those painter cabinets!)

• Mom In mass
    last year

Painted*

• Toni Hamlett
    last year

I did signature cabinets from PA back in 2018. I have both painted and stained. Both holding up very well. Nothing special to clean them - designer recommended dawn mixed with water and dry them with separate cloth. This has worked. I have shaker style doors and one thing I noticed when reviewing different cabinets was many painted cabinets start to show cracks in the paint when the horizontal and vertical come together. I’m not seeing this issues and I’m not sure if this issue is due to climate but no issue on my Signature cabinets. I also have Signature in my bathroom and no issues.