Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjca

Please don't take my head off--pic help

sjerin
11 years ago

I know this has been discussed ad infinitum, but I just cannot find anything that suggest directions on how to do this now--I know it's changed. I've read there's supposed to be some link in "clippings," but it is not there. I finally re-set up photobucket, so I'm halfway there! Anyone? Thanks for your patience.

Comments (3)

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

I'm not sure what changed. I still use photobucket and then copy the html into the message for pictures.

I myself can't figure out how to put links into the body of a message.

Copying this html code and pasting into the body of a message:

Gives you:

Not my house by the way but I love it.

This post was edited by Autumn.4 on Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 21:40

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

At what point do you have trouble? I am so computer challenged and sort of accidentally figured it out and now can do it easily. I'd be glad to help if I can.
    Here's how I do it:
    I send a picture from cell phone to photobucket, they assign you an e-mail address to make that happen
    When the photo appears I click on it and then out to the side there is that HTML code, click on that and it will change color sort of for a nanosecond and say "copied"
    then I go back to the message I want to insert the photo in then
    go to "edit" on the tool bar, click, in the drop down menu and hit "paste" then it prints in the message a really long line of numbers and characters but this is your photo ~you will see the photo when you:
    Click on "preview message" if you like the way it looks then you
    Click on "submit message"
    In other words,
    I have to open two windows. The first one is Gardenweb where I have already started a message and have the cursor stationed at the window where I am typing the message ready to insert the photo. Ok while this window is open and ready for a photo paste I open the second window and go to photo bucket, choose the photo, click on the HTML cold, it copies it and then I click back over to the garden web window and click the cursor for the big long link to appear which becomes the picture when you click "preview".

To post a link go to the box under your message "Optional Link URL: type in your link and be sure to use http://www etc. then whatever else is involved in the link address. Works like a charm. You will name the link in the next box.

I know that photobucket was changing over to beta and I could no longer upload photos to Gardenweb. I switched back to the old way and now everything is fine.

• sjerin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, both! It took me awhile to get back here; I hope to figure this out this afternoon.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio