Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Testing Social Media Share Bar (2)

Posted by leftwood (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 21:06

We came from here:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1212273230035.html?26

As a member of GW since the days of Spike, even then the Terms of Use implied shared rights to our postings for the GW owner.

When ivillage took over and changed the Terms of Use wording, it was made abundantly clear that ANYTHING we post on GW is theirs to do with as they please, including profiting from third party selling and "sharing". There was a huge outflux of members. Not me, I just stopped posting photos.

Given ivillage's reputation, I am surprised it took this long to try facebook sharing. I am pleasantly surprised that the share bar has been removed, but when it does come back for good, I'm out for good.

HATE it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Testing Social Media Share Bar (2)

I think most people will stop posting pictures, which will be a sad day as one of the great things is the excitement of sharing the joy of a finished kitchen. Living vicariously. I do hope that experienced people stay around because the information is invaluable and not easily found elsewhere. There are a number of times I've read kitchen information on different websites and blogs that was attributed to GW.

o

At some point the GW forums will change, it is inevitable as technologies and their uses constantly change. Some will dislike it and leave but there will be plenty of new people to fill in and the forum will continue to be a useful site for home and garden questions/ discussions. I do not think that people will stop posting pics but maybe some will start being a bit more careful. How many times have you clicked on a photo to be led to a photobucket account that shows the person's full name, private albums, and family photos? This forum is a free service, owned by a media company, and is as open to the world as it can get. People should be cautious about what is posted no matter if there is a media bar or not and be realistic that updates will happen.

o

Totally agree, athomeinva. I'm actually surprised it's taken so long for these changes to be suggested.

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here