Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmgch

anyone have sea pearl quartzite and "colored" cabinetry?

lmgch
9 years ago

We've locked in the counter top material.

I'm now trying to lock down my colors. Perimeter cabinets are going to be BM simply white.

I was hoping to make the island a "color" that would compliment/enhance the stone.

If you have a color - paint or stain - on your cabinetry paired with sea pearl quartzite, could you please share photos?

many thanks!

Comments (20)

• Bunny
    9 years ago

This will be difficult without a photo of your quartzite.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sure - I can post that. Though the coloration of my slabs seem pretty similar to other sea pearl quartzites i've seen on here.

I have no idea how to post multiple photos in one message.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

another slab. have a third too, but won't bother posting another photo.

will next post some colors i'm considering for the island - considering paint or having these colors made into a stain.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BM Puritan Gray

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BM Azores

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

On my phone, that Puritan Gray looks beautiful with that stone!! Not that you asked.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, but I AM asking. I would love some thoughts/ideas/feedback on color options.

Our perimeter cabinetry will be Simply White

thank you!!

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

All things considered, it will be easier if you know how to post multiple photos (so we can see side-by-side shots!).

1. Get an account from a free photo site like Photobucket, Shutterfly, Snapfish, or Flickr.
    2. Upload your photos to your site
    3. Read the directions for your site on how to share your photos. For Photobucket, you get this on each page with a single photo:
    {{gwi:2142757}}
    When you click on the line labeled "HTML" it copies the location of the photo you want to share. Then you come over here to GW and hit "paste" where you want that photo to show up and voila! you have 6 lines of code that turns into your photo when you hit Preview Message.

Extra hint: if your photo is way bigger than you need, there is a way to make it smaller. At the end of the embedded code it says ".jpg/>" If you click between the / and the > and insert [width="250"] - don't use the brackets, but do put the quotation marks around the number - it will adjust the size of your photo. 250 is a good place to start, but you can increase or decrease the number to get a size you want.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, I'm excited to try this!!

So here's goes.

Here are my slabs:
    {{gwi:2142758}}

{{gwi:2142759}}

Here are the colors I'm considering. If anyone has used any of these, I'd love to see photos.

Puritan Gray
    {{gwi:2142760}}

Atmospheric
    {{gwi:2142761}}

Azores
    {{gwi:2142762}}

Lush
    {{gwi:2142763}}

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

I like lush. In fact, I really like it!
    What about something even more saturated?

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Agree with Hydragea...would that make it Lusher? That would be gorgeous!

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you, guys! I will go back to my massive paint cases that my KD has kindly left at my house. Will post back some additional option tomorrow

;)

• nancyjwb
    9 years ago

I agree with the above posters, I love the lush! :D Seeing a large painted sample board up against your slab would be the ultimate test.

• wags848
    9 years ago

Another vote for the lush!

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Can't help myself. Here's the next color up in the HC color ring Boreal Forest

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

So, on the later series of photos, on my monitor, Puritan gray looks more gray and less green than it does on the earlier series of photos. I am wondering how Farrow and Ball Pigeon would look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farrow and Ball Pigeon images

• DIY2Much2Do
    9 years ago

Hello imcgh,
    I am trying to pick a similar color. I'm with kitchen detective... check out Pigeon by Farrow and Ball. I'm including a photo of one of my inspiration kitchens that I found online, which was done in Pigeon. (more pictures at link below)

{{gwi:2142765}}

I had my Benjamin Moore dealer try to match Pigeon. The closest we got was 1482 (Sabre Gray) or 1559 (unnamed).

I would recommend making large paint color samples and viewing them in your room along with your other material samples in your light. You can't trust viewing colors on monitors and out of context.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen with F&B Pigeon cabinets

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

I hadn't seen that. Very pretty against both the white and the dark wood!

• diyher
    7 years ago

assuming you finished your kitchen :) would love to see it. I saw a slab of Sea Pearl Quartzite for the first time on Thursday and thinking to use it for the cabinets around the perimeter of my kitchen. My walls although not much show because of windows, doors, cabinets and entries to rooms, is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt and it looked nice.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor