Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Finally found an inspiration pic...thanks, Boxerpups :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Thanks to Boxerpups, I've finally found a beautiful inspiration picture for my kitchen! This is a little fancier than my style, but all the elements I love are there...the creamy white cabinets, blue walls, wood floors, stone top on island/table, white and blue tile backsplash, french accents, plants, etc.

While I would love to have some leaded glass (maybe on the buffet uppers) it would be too much in my little kitchen and a few ceiling beams (cream is okay) would be better than anything quite this elaborate...but it's closer than any other kitchen I've seen.

{{!gwi}}

Here is my other kitchen picture, with the tile backsplash and sink...although I would like a white sink with antique brass faucet and hardware.

{{gwi:1518828}}

Here's my overall inspiration picture...which I love!

{{gwi:617005}}

And here's my little Jotul woodstove...wouldn't it be wonderful in that kitchen?

{{gwi:1518817}}

Here's my floorplan for the kitchen area.

{{gwi:1596105}}

It's pretty close to the final version, except for the bathrooms. Here's my latest house plan, just in case you'd like to see it :)

{{gwi:1518815}}

And finally, here's my idea for the settee and chairs in the porch/seating area...with much nicer legs on the chairs and a yellow french country fabric, with green, blue, purple and maybe some pink or red.

{{gwi:1518818}}

{{gwi:1518819}}

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas, I'd love to see them. I am keeping the dishwasher on the right side of the sink and the hall bath and half bath combined to make a much nicer bathroom...with claw foot tub and hopefully a marble top vanity (even engineered marble would be nice).

Thanks again for the picture, Boxerpups!

Comments (9)

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Gosh, You are too sweet. I love posting pictures for all
    of us to look at. I am a true Kitchen Eye candy girl. Love it.
    If I find anymore similar ones I will definitley post.

The picture was from HB magazine I do not know if there
    are more.

Have a wonderful Christmas. (if you celebrate)
    ~boxer

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    13 years ago

I love that woodstove lavender. You've made me sad that I didn't push harder against the builder and DF's statement that we didn't need ANOTHER fireplace, because that would have looked absolutely amazing in the corner of my breakfast nook :(

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mtnrdredux- Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to look at that...sounds very promising!

Boxer- Thank you SO much for the picture! When I try to describe my 'ideal kitchen' to people, they never seem to understand what I'm talking about...so the picture is wonderful! Merry Christmas to you, too :)

Beagles- Is it too late to change...and add your breakfast room fireplace? You cannot have too many fireplaces! What if the power goes out? You don't want to look at your breakfast room everyday and think...I wish I had that fireplace. Go tell them you want it back. It can be you Christmas present!

We have two fireplaces in our little farmhouse, plus I'm adding the woodstove...and I'd put a fireplace in the master bedroom, if there was room for it! I love the fact that if the power goes out, we won't freeze!!! It's cold here, in the winter!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

fyi: given your addiction to blue and white tiles... Rubble Tile in Minn. has a wonderful back room of odds and ends of tile. There were a handful of large blue tiles with people and other items on them, very much of the delfty variety, the people perhaps showing occupations or something. There were also some other assorted funky pieces in blue and white, smaller I think. I don't think they were very expensive. You might want to contact them and ask for a photo. These were definitely odd lot tiles.

They are a commercial as well as a residential supplier and that back room has lots of interesting stuff. Naturally, they can also procure anything else in tile you desire, for a price.

Then, again, you can do it on the cheap with mere paint. And you can add in that yellow you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to stencil a French country tile pattern

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    13 years ago

Haha, lavender, my builder would kill me, esp. after the last minute change w/ the laundry/dog wash area. Plus, DF is never going to go for it :( Everyone has told me time and again that 4 fireplaces are enough (so untrue!) and I already upgraded the fireplaces we do have to bigger and better ones, inc. adding a marble mantel to one and blue bahia surround to another, so my fireplace spending has been quite out of control. Plus, I got my engagement ring for christmas so I'm sure DF thinks he's spent quite enough already on me :(

I will have to live vicariously through you! Just make sure you post LOTS and LOTS of pictures once you have yours installed!! Your kitchen is going to be sooooo beautiful and cozy and inviting!! And, if it really bothers me, I'll ask for it for christmas next year! It's right by an exterior wall, shouldn't be too expensive to add on later, right...

• petra66_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely choices, indeed! Can't wait to see pictures of the completed project. Sigh, patience ... not my forte really.

Happy Christmas, Petra

• blondie859111
    13 years ago

Lav, I LOVE it! And, we can always count on boxerpups to post the most perfect and beuatiful pictures- no exception with yours!
    I can't wait to see the progress!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Florantha- Thanks for the stencil pattern...that's a fun idea :)

Beagles- LOL! I forgot about the ring...maybe waiting a year is a good idea.

Petra- It's hard to be patient, especially once the plan is coming together. Happy Christmas to you, too!

Blondie- Thanks, I really love it, too...and Boxerpups does have beautiful pictures.

If any of you would like to join us for 'tea' today, we'll be on the Cottage Garden forum (Conversation side) starting at about 4 pm ET. Every Thursday, some of us stop by and visit...and have a cup of tea...and maybe a few little treats to go with our tea. This afternoon, I'm baking Shortbread cookies (with frosting) for Christmas Eve, but I'll be taking lots of tea breaks! LOL