Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances nearly decided - opinions comment please

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 20:48

Cross posted to appliances too

We are in the midst of a complete kitchen remodel and I think have decided on appliances - but still on the fence on the dishwasher. Opinions and comments please
BlueStar 30" RNB range (standard stainless steel): RNB304BV1
KitchenAid Pro 36" x 72" Counter-depth French door refrigerator: KFCP22EXMP
Miele Dimension Plus G 5775 SCSF dishwasher in clean-touch steel: G5775SCSF

Or

The Bosch is: SHX9ER55UC

Holding on a microwave for now - leaning towards the wolf steam oven instead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances nearly decided - opinions comment please

Stay the course with Miele!

o

Any other options we should look at for the fridge? It's okay but not stellar. Want reliable and the prices of the built ins are substantial.

o

Since I chose the same range as you, and very nearly the same fridge (I got a KA Architect KFCO22EVBL), I won't disagree with your choices! I love the Bluestar, am quite happy with the KA. I am so-so with my GE dishwasher; I got it for a reason particular to my situation. If I could have gotten anything, I would have gone with a Miele or Bosch, so I agree with all of your choices! :-)

o

In that price range, I'd take a look at the Electrolux fridge with the Perfect Temp drawer. We've had ours almost a year and love it. The quality is superb.

o

I know everyone loves their Miele dishwashers, but I urge you to test out your plates before you purchase one. We were all set to get one, but then took our plates to a showroom and tested clearance. DH has an extra big water glass that he loves, which requires the top basket to be at its lower setting. That causes the tops of our dinner plates to slightly hit the rotating spray arm. Our plates have little flat edges to them that made them just a TAD too big. That basically cut out the Miele for us. Our new pick is a Kitchen Aid that also has a cutlery tray - KUDE70FXSS. We tested our glasses, plates, bowls, and cutting boards. It was a big help to see how it would all work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here