Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picked out our soapstone slabs today

Posted by ctycdm (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 20:43

Found two beautiful slabs, and reserved them for the countertops in our upcoming kitchen re-do. Getting excited! ...last time we re-did the kitchen, my DW was pregnant with our first son now almost 26 years old!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picked out our soapstone slabs today

How exciting! They look absolutely lovely!

o

Wow. I have soapstone envy.
I hope you show your in-progress pics and everything you do!
Just gorgeous and it sounds like it's about time for you to dive in!

o

Congratulations!

o

Gorgeous! What kind is it? Make sure they label both the slabs in front of you with your name. Bad experience from when our first slab selection walked away.

o

Beautiful soapstone! What kind is it?

Congratulations on making a huge kitchen decision!

o

Looks great. I just had my soapstone installed on Tues and am thrilled with it. I hope you are too.

Is that an Alberene slab? I searched 7 distributors and the only slabs I saw that size were Alberene. Most others were a little larger in dimension.

o

The slab is called Mariana. This particular block is 106"x58"x 3cm. The slabs are serial numbered and barcoded, and ours are now in the computer as not available. This will replace white 6"x6" ceramic tile I put down in 1986, ...quite a change! Will be using a Blanco Silgranite Anthracite single compartment sink, another big change from Kohler porcelain double bowl we have now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here