Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bixa525_gw

Show me your backsplash or give me ideas for mine

bixa525
14 years ago

Please post your backsplash and/or give me advice what you think would work for mine.

Here is mine: Ignore curtain since it is no longer there.

Comments (25)

• canajo
    14 years ago

I have a similar kitchen...medium color cabinets (cherry), dark granite and a lighter floor. I installed Adex Hampton Series beveled crackle subway tile (sand color) We are very happy with it.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ntt_hou
    14 years ago

You should choose a tile & grout that tie all the colors of your floor, countertops and cabinets together.

Here's mine.

• ntt_hou
    14 years ago

Btw, those pics were taken a couple of years ago. I've since painted the outlet & switch covers in a similar color of the tile. HereÂs what it looks likeÂ

• bixa525
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Very pretty Ntt Hou, Can you tell me what kind of tile you have? Keep the ideas coming!

• User
    14 years ago

Bixa, you posted this same post in the Decorating forum and received some responses, but you never came back. You may want to check your post there. A few of us provided some viable options as well.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Here are few that might help you to dream about what
    you love. Enjoy.
    ~boxer

American Stone Inc.

Danielskitchenandbath

Quartzite Tile backsplash

Kitchen Detail (not sure the tile used)

Kinsmantle

Verbacci Modwalls ( a great place to look at tile Modwall)

SusanJanlontile

Kitchen tile BSCom

From the Ikea Fan web site. Not sure the tile looks
    like a pretty Ann Sacks kind of tile. Lovely!!!

This back splash of tumble stone would look awesome
    with your island. Pulling the golds, tans, beiges of that
    beautiful granite.

Kitchen in a Bag (I belive these are AnnSacks too.)

• justmeinsd
    14 years ago

I used two different colors of tumbled marble (one for field and one accent) for with a color enhancer.

• iceqween13
    14 years ago

I love that tumbled marble! Very nice!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone for ideas!

• User
    14 years ago

I have the same granite as you have on your island.

{{gwi:1540611}}

• User
    14 years ago

Roseabby, I love your kitchen, it's beautiful!

• Jean Farrell
    14 years ago

Here's mine. Its a crackle field tile, with a handmade in italy inset tile, in various colors:

• User
    14 years ago

Lukkiirsh, Thank you

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

Here's mine, although it looks a bit more orange in this picture than it really is. This is the coffee bar - only good picture I have of the backsplash right now - but this same design is over the range, too.

• bixa525
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Roseabbey, is your granite St. Cecelia? I really like your backsplash, can you tell me what it is?

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

justmeinsd, I love your tumbled marble backsplash so much. What is the name of the marble and the grout color you used?

• country_smile
    14 years ago

bixa - There have been many good ideas and photos shared. I think a backsplash that is different than the colors of your cabinets will look nice. You want to stay away from everything being the same color.

here's a photo of mine - similar to roseabbey's and justmeinsd's - it's not the true color because I took the picture at night and used a flash

{{gwi:1479077}}

• User
    14 years ago

No my granite is Giallo Ornamental, The tiles I used were Euro Comedil Arden, color was noce.

• dabunch
    14 years ago

Wow, I love all the ornate, warm and inviting kitchens in this thread.

My splash:

• Buehl
    14 years ago

Here's a link asking for help with a backsplash (BS) from October:

Thread: Those with Black Granite Countertops?

Also, have you checked the Backsplash slideshows in the Finished Kitchens Blog (FKB)? Look at the navigation bar on the right, in the top section. ["Finished Backsplashes Slideshow" & "Inspirational Backsplashes"]

• Buehl
    14 years ago

In case you cannot find your post from earlier this week on the Home Decorating Forum (it was on page 4):

Thread: Help me choose a backsplash?

• bixa525
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I like the subway style or glass mosaic or anything that doesn't require sealing. Should I go light in color or neutral?

• pudgybaby
    14 years ago

domengineer: I love the harlequin tiles in your backsplach. Can you provide details, please? Thanks!