Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joefabitz_gw

High End Bosch Dishwashers

JoeFabitz
9 years ago

I am in the process of a new kitchen and have looked at the higher end Bosch dishwashers and wonder if they are worth the money or should I go with a lesser expensive one? I have heard that they aren't the best at drying your dishes the lower down the line you go. Does anyone have an opinion on this or other options that you would recommend?

Comments (8)

• jackfre
    9 years ago

We have purchased two of the lower end Bosch DW. When we went stainless in the new kitchen we gave the white one to our daughter. Hers is coming up on 4 yrs old with no issues. Ours is just over a year old and quiet and just fine. I just want it to get the dishes clean and dry. Ours will have pooled moisture on the lipped bottoms of cups/glasses, but overall we have been happy with just the basic model. There is certainly less to go,wrong.

• elunday
    9 years ago

We got a Bosch in about the middle of their line about six months ago. I'm very happy with it. It's very quiet and does a good job getting dishes clean and dry.

We did a fair amount of reading up, and it seems that people have problems when (a) they don't use the preferred detergent (needs to be the pods plus the jet dry liquid stuff) and (b) they try to rush the process. It takes a LONG time to get dishes dry. I think the entire cycle is something 2 1/2 hours. What works best for us is to put dishes in to run before we go to bed or before we go to work.

• lindanewc
    9 years ago

I bought a midline Bosch last year when we remodeled our kitchen and it's one of my favorite things in the kitchen. It doesn't have a dry cycle per se, but the high heat of the water makes it almost dry when the cycle is finished. Personally, on my previous dishwashers, I never used the dry cycle because if there was food left on, it would cake it on worse making it harder to clean off.

As Elizabeth said, you need to use the right detergent, either the pods or powder, and use a rinse agent. I cannot believe how clean and shiny my glasses come out.

• lindanewc
    9 years ago

Oh, and the reason I went with the midline instead of the basic model is because I wanted the 3rd top tray and it wasn't offered in the 300 series.

{{gwi:2142700}}

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by South East Kitchen Designers & Remodelers Beau-Port Kitchens

• Mistman
    9 years ago

They dry fairly well, the areas that won't get dry are the bottom of cups and glasses that are a bit dished and can hold a little water, rims of containers (when placed upside down). Basically areas that hold more water than just a surface film. Plastic will dry except for the areas noted, metal pretty much dries all the time. My DW runs it in the evening and then opens it up before going to bed. I've tried to get her to just leave it closed as that's how it's supposed to work but the results are pretty much the same when left open all night.

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

We bought the higher end Bosch because my husband is an engineer and he thinks a bigger motor is better :) I think that is the only big difference and I think the mid line would have worked fine. I did find it hard to put cake or lasagna pans and numerous large items in the dishwasher. I am in the crowd with "if it fits in the DW, wash it in the DW"
    I ended up buying a new double utensil rack which can be moved into other locations and frees up large spaces on the sides of the DW for cutting boards and pans.
    I wish I could have designed the interior. It could be better for the way I want to use it. Overall, it is a great and extremely quiet DW.
    We usually wash in the evening, wipe excess water off the bottom of cups and unload in the morning. We did the same for our old KA DW.

• HerrDoktorProfessor
    9 years ago

There is some argument to be made about whether the marginal benefits of upper end of the bosch line outweigh their added costs.

What you get with the very top of the line is a german built machine, a bit quitter, a water softener, fancier LCD and lighting.

Personally I think once you get above the $1000 you start getting substantially diminished value added for the $.

For $2000 I'm buying a Miele instead. around a $1000 I'd buy a bosch 800 series.
    The difference between say 44, 42 and 38 decibels is pretty much imperceptible to most human ears.

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

When I said higher end Bosch, we bought the $1000 Bosch 800 series.