Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trailrunnerbiker

Cantuccini di prato , Biscotti di Regina and pasta !!

trailrunner
11 years ago

DH has continued the presents today. Cookies and pasta !! Who could ask for more. I bought "us" 55# of "00" in Atlanta in the Spring.HIs pasta and cookies have never been better. I use it for Ciabatta . Here are a few pics. We are baking for our church auction tomorrow night. We are offering 12 months of baked things and baking lessons and a dinner by the pool . Fun stuff and the bidding gets crazy !!

Biscotti di Regina in Chianti ( Queens Biscuits)

Cantuccini di Prato : ( from Tuscany ) ready for second bake:

Comments (17)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

That pasta looks scrumptious!!!! I'll bet you enjoyed every last bite!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Beautiful Trailrunner! You have a loving husband.

• rosylady
    11 years ago

OK...that's fabulous. Now I'm hungry!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you cat !! It was delicious. That man can make pasta !

motherof3..I sure do...almost 42 years !! Thank you !

rosy...come on down :) There is more where that came from. Thank you ! c

• springroz
    11 years ago

The whole meal looks fabulous! Did you have the flour "done "in Atlanta, or does it have a brand name?

And happy belated birthday!!

Nancy

• deedles
    11 years ago

Okay, this is getting to be torture. How far will you go for the lessons and can I buy some raffle tickets??
    That pasta looks awesome.

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

nancy thank you ! We are lucky to have the time to cook like this. It is fun to share here with others that appreciate it.

The flour is Caputo brand "00". There are several kinds that the company makes. I got mine at a pizza place . They have all of these 25 kilo bags stacked up as art while they wait to be used. It was my luck that the owner was there and said that he would sell it to me for his cost...whoa...it was $35 for 55 lbs and that was with tax !!! I was amazed. On line it is $17 for 10# + shipping. Of you have a good pizza place go talk to them and see if they too will sell you a bag. I put it in plastic freezer bags...5# per bag.

When I am training on my bike for a long trip I use the bags as extra weight to get my legs stronger :) So lots of uses. The pizzeria type is just fine for pasta and cookies as well as breads. So it is an all purpose Italian flour. Good Luck !!

Haha Deedles !! I will let you come here...it is where all the goodies are. So get going...Central AL. No raffle. It is our annual auction for our UU fellowship. We raise money for projects by bidding on dinners and services. Usually take in around 10k. We would love to have you here . Thank you !! c

Here is a link that might be useful: Caputo Tipo 00 pizzeria flour

• KBSpider
    11 years ago

Please adopt me...

:)

Now I'm hungry..

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

KB...you are now part of the family !! We auctioned 3 one on one baking sessions that I will teach and 2 of the one a month for 12 months baked goods and a dinner by the pool ! So very successful . Come on down ...c

• juliekcmo
    11 years ago

Thank you....my DH and kids laugh at me like I'm a sideshow freak when I dunk my biscotti in my wine. I adore it.

Good to know I'm not alone.

• deedles
    11 years ago

I didn't know you were supposed to dunk biscotti in anything but coffee or hot drinks.

Is it a good combination, or just a custom? You know, like lutefisk and lefse... it's not good, but it's tradition!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Whenever I think of fresh pasta (which is often!), I think of pics of our DH's. Oh so yummy looking! I've never had red wine around when I actually have made biscotti. I....must...bake...and drink. ;)

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

julie yes it tastes wonderful doesn't it ??? Glad you know it too :)

deedles it is a delightful combination especially with the toasted sesame seeds..try it you will love it.

yes breezy...bake and drink :) You are so sweet , thank you...post pics soon of your DH and pasta ! c

• springroz
    11 years ago

Thanks for tha info, Trailrunner! The only place I know of that makes their own dough is a Mellow Mushroom, and it's a chain, but I will ask.

Nancy

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You are welcome Nancy. Yes give them a call and see . I couldn't find any info on line about their flour. Also check at any Italian restaurants or upscale places that make their own pasta from scratch. The "00" flour is often used by these places. Good Luck !! c

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow!
    Can I borrow your DH?
    My DH thinks cooking is ordering pizza!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a2...I will ask...he is pretty booked up though :) Your DH is as funny as the story about the waffles on the other thread..when asked to make waffles her DH said sure...which freezer are they in LOL ! !

The wonderful thing about DH's is they come in all shapes and sizes and talents !! Gotta love them all if they can put up with us :) c