Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cantuccini di prato , Biscotti di Regina and pasta !!

Posted by trailrunner (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 20:13

DH has continued the presents today. Cookies and pasta !! Who could ask for more. I bought "us" 55# of "00" in Atlanta in the Spring.HIs pasta and cookies have never been better. I use it for Ciabatta . Here are a few pics. We are baking for our church auction tomorrow night. We are offering 12 months of baked things and baking lessons and a dinner by the pool . Fun stuff and the bidding gets crazy !!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Biscotti di Regina in Chianti ( Queens Biscuits)

Photobucket

Cantuccini di Prato : ( from Tuscany ) ready for second bake:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cantuccini di prato , Biscotti di Regina and pasta !!

That pasta looks scrumptious!!!! I'll bet you enjoyed every last bite!

o

Beautiful Trailrunner! You have a loving husband.

o

OK...that's fabulous. Now I'm hungry!

o

Thank you cat !! It was delicious. That man can make pasta !

motherof3..I sure do...almost 42 years !! Thank you !

rosy...come on down :) There is more where that came from. Thank you ! c

o

The whole meal looks fabulous! Did you have the flour "done "in Atlanta, or does it have a brand name?

And happy belated birthday!!

Nancy

o

Okay, this is getting to be torture. How far will you go for the lessons and can I buy some raffle tickets??
That pasta looks awesome.

o

nancy thank you ! We are lucky to have the time to cook like this. It is fun to share here with others that appreciate it.

The flour is Caputo brand "00". There are several kinds that the company makes. I got mine at a pizza place . They have all of these 25 kilo bags stacked up as art while they wait to be used. It was my luck that the owner was there and said that he would sell it to me for his cost...whoa...it was $35 for 55 lbs and that was with tax !!! I was amazed. On line it is $17 for 10# + shipping. Of you have a good pizza place go talk to them and see if they too will sell you a bag. I put it in plastic freezer bags...5# per bag.

When I am training on my bike for a long trip I use the bags as extra weight to get my legs stronger :) So lots of uses. The pizzeria type is just fine for pasta and cookies as well as breads. So it is an all purpose Italian flour. Good Luck !!

Haha Deedles !! I will let you come here...it is where all the goodies are. So get going...Central AL. No raffle. It is our annual auction for our UU fellowship. We raise money for projects by bidding on dinners and services. Usually take in around 10k. We would love to have you here . Thank you !! c

Here is a link that might be useful: Caputo Tipo 00 pizzeria flour

o

Please adopt me...

:)

Now I'm hungry..

o

KB...you are now part of the family !! We auctioned 3 one on one baking sessions that I will teach and 2 of the one a month for 12 months baked goods and a dinner by the pool ! So very successful . Come on down ...c

o

Thank you....my DH and kids laugh at me like I'm a sideshow freak when I dunk my biscotti in my wine. I adore it.

Good to know I'm not alone.

o

I didn't know you were supposed to dunk biscotti in anything but coffee or hot drinks.

Is it a good combination, or just a custom? You know, like lutefisk and lefse... it's not good, but it's tradition!

o

Whenever I think of fresh pasta (which is often!), I think of pics of our DH's. Oh so yummy looking! I've never had red wine around when I actually have made biscotti. I....must...bake...and drink. ;)

o

julie yes it tastes wonderful doesn't it ??? Glad you know it too :)

deedles it is a delightful combination especially with the toasted sesame seeds..try it you will love it.

yes breezy...bake and drink :) You are so sweet , thank you...post pics soon of your DH and pasta ! c

o

Thanks for tha info, Trailrunner! The only place I know of that makes their own dough is a Mellow Mushroom, and it's a chain, but I will ask.

Nancy

o

You are welcome Nancy. Yes give them a call and see . I couldn't find any info on line about their flour. Also check at any Italian restaurants or upscale places that make their own pasta from scratch. The "00" flour is often used by these places. Good Luck !! c

o

Wow!
Can I borrow your DH?
My DH thinks cooking is ordering pizza!

o

a2...I will ask...he is pretty booked up though :) Your DH is as funny as the story about the waffles on the other thread..when asked to make waffles her DH said sure...which freezer are they in LOL ! !

The wonderful thing about DH's is they come in all shapes and sizes and talents !! Gotta love them all if they can put up with us :) c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here