Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please post pictures of island seating arrangements

Posted by Kitten1313 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 20:06

When we convert our garage into a kitchen, we plan to serve most of our meals at the island. We are a family of 5 and I don't want us all sitting straight across, like at a diner counter. Does anyone have pictures of beautiful round island seating arrangements? Is there such a thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post pictures of island seating arrangements

Yes, here's mine. There are 4 of us, but 5 would fit (cozily). I'd add 6 inches to the radius if doing 5 (mine is 3 foot radius).

o

First pic is mine... we only have 4 as didn't have need or space for 5. Second pic is from one of my inspiration kitchens... you can see it has 5 seats. Third pic is laur66's beautiful kitchen; she has a polygon on the end of her island:

we love this island!
inspiration photo from AYA kitchen mag
Photobucket

o

Thank you! Lots of options. You guys have great kitchens! Marcydc, I love your cabinets. What kind of finish is it?

o

There are four of us but we have room for five. There's a 36" cabinet in front of the two chairs (just nice extra storage)/behind the sink. The front of the island has a curve to it. On the sink side, in that 36" cabinet, we have one trash and two recycling pull outs.

o

I don't have stool yet but my island was designed to seat four. GW gave me the idea of the radius and helped with the exact math for the radius.

Some under construction photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The granite is 70" x 42".

o

We have seating for 4. We do sit people on the right side for cards, but I have a full cabinet for storage there. I could probably have done a shallower cabinet and had room for 2 more chairs, but we didn't need them.

o

We have seating for 4. We do sit people on the right side for cards, but I have a full cabinet for storage there. I could probably have done a shallower cabinet and had room for 2 more chairs, but we didn't need them.

o

Thanks kitten1313! They are cherry with a medium stain ( i think it was cinnamon?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here