Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rybren2_gw

Paper Towel Solutions - please post pictures

Rybren2
11 years ago

Never thought of it during the renovation. We're almost done and now....what do I do with the paper towels? I don't really want them on the counter and I didn't install a built in holder (boy, hindsight sure is 20/20). I guess I could put them on a holder in a cabinets but then it isn't very convenient when your hands are wet/dirty. Please post pictures of what you did to hide this necessity. Thanks!!

Comments (13)

• Gracie
    11 years ago

After the newness wears off, you'll return to function first, so just get a pretty towel holder.

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

No need to hide. The new countertop papertowel holders are cool. Plus you can move them around to the area you need them. So no photo but have one from simple human.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Here are my solutions to paper towel storage.

1. Under the cleanup sink:

2. Under the prep sink:

These are from Rev-a-shelf. They work well for me.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

I purchased a handmade paper towel jar from the Workshop of David T Smith. It's it shown in the 1st picture on the link below. I'd love to have another one for the laundry room, but they don't keep many in stock and they tend to go quickly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Paper Towel Holders

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

We have a basic metal holder installed under the cabinets. You can find something like that at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It works great, is functional, inexpensive,and the towels stay on.

I do like the ones listed on the Atticmag blog, the automatic one, and the "icepick" is really cool looking.

• lotsapatience
    11 years ago

I woke up just this morning at 2:30a wondering what to do about the paper towels... I like that Rev-a-Shelf pull out. Never did get back to sleep:(

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

We've always had wall-mount or under cabinet mount paper towel holders. With the new cabs and under-cab lighting, that wasn't going to work. After all these decades, we tried this counter-top holder from Container store (link below), and really like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Love what 2littlefishies is doing. The roll is on a pull-out(think cutting board with room to store extra rolls.
    For us - my OCD DH washes his hands so often that I am keeping on the counter. I saw one design at B3 that undercab or wall mounted and would not unroll easily (no runaway towels!)

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

Mine is on a bronze metal stand sitting proudly on the counter by the range where it is used most to wipe gook off our hands when cooking, soak excess grease from foods, tear a couple off to serve as napkins, etc.

I am thinking of installing one like Geosciencechick's under the cabinets in another prep area.

I Do Not want to have to open a door or drawer to access my paper towels.

• gmp3
    11 years ago

I have a paper towel holder from Ballard Designs. I do like the one Trentstef posted. Where do you purchase that? I have dummy panels on the sink base.

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

I was going to post mine but the OP said they are almost done and didn't include a built in holder...

• Rybren2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Glad to see I'm not the only one waking at night thinking about things like paper towels. I will look at all of your suggestions. I'm so close to being done and I have many thanks to offer to all of the folks here. Hoping the 22 people I have coming for Christmas celebrations on the 23rd of December will be coming to a new kitchen/dining room/family room/mud-laundry room reveal and we won't be going out to a restaurant. Fingers crossed!!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!