Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paper Towel Solutions - please post pictures

Posted by Rybren2 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 20:05

Never thought of it during the renovation. We're almost done and now....what do I do with the paper towels? I don't really want them on the counter and I didn't install a built in holder (boy, hindsight sure is 20/20). I guess I could put them on a holder in a cabinets but then it isn't very convenient when your hands are wet/dirty. Please post pictures of what you did to hide this necessity. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paper Towel Solutions - please post pictures

After the newness wears off, you'll return to function first, so just get a pretty towel holder.

o

No need to hide. The new countertop papertowel holders are cool. Plus you can move them around to the area you need them. So no photo but have one from simple human.

o

Here are my solutions to paper towel storage.

1. Under the cleanup sink:
Photobucket

2. Under the prep sink:
Photobucket

These are from Rev-a-shelf. They work well for me.

o

This will probably only work for you if you have dummy panels on your sink base. But if you do, you may be able to replace one with this.

o

I purchased a handmade paper towel jar from the Workshop of David T Smith. It's it shown in the 1st picture on the link below. I'd love to have another one for the laundry room, but they don't keep many in stock and they tend to go quickly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Paper Towel Holders

o

We have a basic metal holder installed under the cabinets. You can find something like that at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It works great, is functional, inexpensive,and the towels stay on.

I do like the ones listed on the Atticmag blog, the automatic one, and the "icepick" is really cool looking.

Coffee Station 2

o

I woke up just this morning at 2:30a wondering what to do about the paper towels... I like that Rev-a-Shelf pull out. Never did get back to sleep:(

o

We've always had wall-mount or under cabinet mount paper towel holders. With the new cabs and under-cab lighting, that wasn't going to work. After all these decades, we tried this counter-top holder from Container store (link below), and really like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: SimpleHuman paper towel holder

o

Love what 2littlefishies is doing. The roll is on a pull-out(think cutting board with room to store extra rolls.
For us - my OCD DH washes his hands so often that I am keeping on the counter. I saw one design at B3 that undercab or wall mounted and would not unroll easily (no runaway towels!)

o

Mine is on a bronze metal stand sitting proudly on the counter by the range where it is used most to wipe gook off our hands when cooking, soak excess grease from foods, tear a couple off to serve as napkins, etc.

I am thinking of installing one like Geosciencechick's under the cabinets in another prep area.

I Do Not want to have to open a door or drawer to access my paper towels.

o

I have a paper towel holder from Ballard Designs. I do like the one Trentstef posted. Where do you purchase that? I have dummy panels on the sink base.

o

I was going to post mine but the OP said they are almost done and didn't include a built in holder...

o

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Glad to see I'm not the only one waking at night thinking about things like paper towels. I will look at all of your suggestions. I'm so close to being done and I have many thanks to offer to all of the folks here. Hoping the 22 people I have coming for Christmas celebrations on the 23rd of December will be coming to a new kitchen/dining room/family room/mud-laundry room reveal and we won't be going out to a restaurant. Fingers crossed!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here