Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone had chips in white marble counters repaired (epoxy, etc.?)

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 19:53

Hi all,

Have been enjoying my Vermont Danby Olympian white counters for about 2 years now.

Although the etches don't bother me at all, I do have 3 chips that I'd love to have repaired.

I recently got a "larger" one (about a centimeter long and maybe 1/4 centimeter deep) when a dish fell out and clipped the edge of the counter.

I'm wondering what your experiences have been with having chips in white marble camouflaged with epoxy (or another product). The larger of the 3 chips is on a grayish area, the 2 others on very white areas. All 3 are on the edges of the counters.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone had chips in white marble counters repaired (epoxy, et

white marble is a tough repair. I've had my best success taking a bit of the material, crushing it, and using the crushed material as the coloring agent with a truly clear epoxy. I emphasize "clear" because many supposedly clear epoxies get a yellow tint once cured which is very noticable on the white counter.

A good fabricator or stone restoration guy should be able to do a nice repair for you. Same person could probably bring the polish back on your etched areas assuming your stone is polished and not honed.

o

They did this on our bathroom marble before they installed it. It was one of those perfectly white pieces with some pale grey veining - I couldn't pass it up, but it had a couple of deep pits. They said they'd fill them and I was skeptical, but they looked great and 3 or 4 years later, I still can't tell where they are. Sorry, I can't tell you the process.

o

Madeline616:

Get a repairperson who has an Invicon kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here