Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Pics of your 27' drawers with one versus two pulls?

artemis78
13 years ago

Debating whether to use one versus two pulls on our 27" pot drawers. We are two-handles-on-wide-drawers people, so this isn't a question of the broader merits of one versus two pulls on big drawers---just trying to decide whether this 27" bank is a little drawer or a big one!

Our 18" drawers will have one 4 1/8" pull. Our 32" drawers will have two pulls. The single 4 1/8" pull on the 27" drawer seems lonely, though, and two pulls seems crowded, which leaves two options:

- Single 4.75" pull (very similar pull in next size up, maybe still too small?)

- Two 3.75" pulls (same in next size down, maybe still too crowded?)

The very similar pulls also come in an even smaller 2 5/8" version, but that seems too small to be useful. No bigger sizes, sadly. Functionally we really like the 3.5" size; just don't like its looks on this drawer bank. (If it matters, these are shaker style drawers with 2.5" stiles, and the handles are being mounted on the recessed panels.

What did you do for your 27" drawer banks? Photos? Thanks!

Comments (11)

• katsmah
    13 years ago

For me this was the hardest cabinet to figure out what do for pulls. My 27" cabinet faces the dining room (Thank You Buehl!) and I ended up using 2 pulls on the drawers. I'm happy with how it turned out.

{{!gwi}}

• rjr220
    13 years ago

My drawers are a few inches bigger or smaller than yours, but here they are:

my pots drawers: 31", I put 2 handles per cabinet maker suggestion:

The 4 stack (on the right) is 25" wide, with one handle.

Even though there are 2 handles on the big drawer, I only use one at a time -- there is usually something in the other hand! I think aesthetically it looks better on the big drawer -- think I could have gone either way on the 4 stack if it were 2 inches wider.

• aliris19
    13 years ago

I love those cabinets, rjr (I said this already, didn't I?) Can you please tell me their composition and style - any relevent info, actually. I'm so new I don't even know what to ask for. Thanks!

• rjr220
    13 years ago

aliris -- we were all new at one time, not knowing a dern thing -- or thinking that we did know, and then this forum opened up our eyes! The cabs are custom, birch with a "wild cherry" stain.

Artemis -- we first got the smaller version of our pull and totally dismissed it, didn't like it at all. It wasn't until I saw the bigger size at a big box store -- I didn't even realize that it was the same version of the smaller one we had rejected, that we finally "found" the pull. So, until you have the pull in the size you want . . .

And people mix pulls all the time. Sabjimata used several combos, I think Judydel as well.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Here are my 8" pulls on 30" drawers. I think for 27" drawers 4-6" pulls would also look good.

• houseful
    13 years ago

Do you think if we install two pulls, but end up using only one all the time (which I know will happen with the kids) that it will tweak the drawers over time?

• marcy96
    13 years ago

Here's my 33" pots & pans drawers with one 5 1/2" pull, and the 27" drawers in my hutch with the same pull.

{{gwi:1566988}}
    {{!gwi}}

• joan2121
    13 years ago

BUMP- I'm picking drawer pulls now, and love to see pictures of what everyone else has used. Thanks

• Buehl
    13 years ago

You're very welcome, katsmah!

We put one 4" drawer pull on all drawers 30" and wider; one pull on drawers less than 30".

27" Drawer base w/one drawer pull:

• xand83
    13 years ago

Why were "no handles" not an option? Well, it could be one really big handle, too. These are a few 30" pull out drawers.