Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

How long did you wait for your cabinets?

Rudebekia
9 years ago

From order to delivery it will be 7 weeks for my cabinets. I had hoped for 5, at the most. The wait is very hard. Is this lead time typical I wonder? They are coming from only three states away--not that far.

Comments (14)

• dovetonsils
    9 years ago

Home Depot Woodmark cabinets - told us 4 weeks, took four weeks exactly.

• zeebee
    9 years ago

I think it was 12 weeks. KD estimated 11-14 weeks after we okayed a sample door (we did a custom color).

• sevrm
    9 years ago

Eight weeks from less than 200 miles away.

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

Mine were about 8 weeks from order to delivery. It seemed agonizingly slow at the time, but given the amount of waiting involved in the whole process from beginning to end, 8 weeks now seems quick.

• avntgardnr
    9 years ago

18 weeks...I think it took him about 20. I could figure it out exactly if my brain wasn't so tired. But they were custom built. I knew going in that he would be a few weeks longer than he stated (from reading reviews online). We ordered in July and they were installed 2 weeks ago.
    It was a looooong wait!!! (but so worth it!!)

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

I had custom cabinets built. I signed a contract in March, which got me on the schedule for the middle of July. Once they started on our project, it took 2 or 3 weeks, then 3 days for install.

• crcollins1_gw
    9 years ago

Three weeks, coming from next state over.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I was initially told 6-8 weeks for Innermost from HD, but that it usually is on the short side. It was 8 weeks and a day until they called to arrange delivery. Delivered two days later and they were checked by the GC 3 days after that.

• amck2
    9 years ago

Placed order with 1/2 cost of cabinets as deposit in mid-May. Was still waiting for delivery of island panels and shelves in November. KD did not order all the cabinetry required for the kitchen I contracted for until installation was well underway which further delayed completion of a job that was already months delayed because of her other job backups.

I would urge anyone ordering cabinets to get dates in writing at the time of deposit and request to see paperwork confirming delivery before work gets underway. This would have seemed pushy and unnecessary to me, but my KD assured me that all my cabinetry had been delivered the week before my demo began in September. I hope my experience may serve as a cautionary tale that may help others avoid a similar situation.

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think some of these posts consoled me--it could be worse. I am finding the wait agonizing on multiple levels. I had really hoped to have cabinets, at least, before Christmas. The original plan of the kitchen torn up for under 2 months, tops, is now turning into 3 months and counting. Reading the Kitchen Forum, I see that this is not unusual at all. Somehow, I didn't really "process" this fact.

I don't know--really don't know--why I'm not handling this stress better. I'm a person who thrives on deadlines and am trying hard to be flexible and go with the flow. Although progress is being made it seems to be just crawling with many days of no activity. Trying to cope with the daily ugliness of the torn up kitchen, the constant dust, the kitchen stuff spread throughout the rest of the house, the workers' mess, etc.

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

Hmm, 4-6 weeks for cabinets made locally. These were ordered in May, and it's still not complete (cabs are up, finishing is not done). So it could be worse. It's been a year.

I was also getting stressed. My DH didn't help. "You'd think you'd be used to this by now!" he said when I was getting tired of hand washing and not having counters.

Good luck, and I wish the fastest possible turnaround for you!

• dcward89
    9 years ago

I am in Ohio and we ordered Barker Cabinets out of Oregon. It took almost exactly 8 weeks from order to receiving them. We did our kitchen mostly DIY and we really needed that 8 weeks and then some to get everything else ready for cabinets. They sat in our garage for about 3 weeks before we were able to start installation.

• robbcs3
    9 years ago

I don't know when you actually placed the order or what brand you purchased, but at this time of year plants typically shut down for holidays, inventory, retooling, etc. which will add to the standard lead time

• toytikac
    8 years ago

@robbcs3 Hi I read that you sell legacy cabinets. I bought a house that has them in it and am interested in changing or adding to it, I haven't been able to find a dealer in M.D. and would like to know if your somewhat local or know of a dealer that is? Thanks