Need some lights!
This wintertime's dark,
And the new kitchen's a fright!

On DH, on DS,
Let's get those holes cut!
We can put those cans in,
To heck with electricians!

Someone else can finish my poem........

All I lack are the pendants, and the hood!!

If anyone has any hints on putting up a Thermador chimney hood on an 8' ceiling, PLEASE let me know!! DHIs askeert!

My kitchen is country as a turnip green, but it works for me, and I will be finished soon, but maybe not before a YEAR!!

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Twas The Light Before Christmas

Ain't mama happy, ain't nobody happy. (A favorite apron saying).

Nancy, if you can post pictures of your hood, please do, perhaps we can help? Best, oldbat2be

P.S. (All I have is light in my kitchen, it's an operating room. DH and kiddos turn all the lights on and up and I go around after them, dimming and dimming. May you get to the dimming stage sooner than you hoped!).

o

Thanks, old bat! It is pretty bright in here now!

The problem DH is having is fear of drilling into the BS tile! That, plus we barely have room for the hood plus the "stack", but there are two pieces that slip together, and no room up there to move the inside one, which is the one that actually hooks to the bracket. I cannot find anyone in this town who installs!! We installed the rest of the appliances ourselves.

Nancy

o

DH just installed our chimney hood. Not a Thermador. It was a little of a pain. It would have been easier but turns out there wasn't a stud where he needed to drill one of the holes. To give extra support DH added a small black screw into the cabinet. You really can't see it unless you look for it. Make sure to have the right drill bit. There are only two holes drilled in the tile. Our space was very tight too. The stack is two pieces that slip together.

I wish I could help. If there is anything I can tell you about it, just ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here