Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Time to Put Up The Tree - And My Kitchen Still Isn't Finished...

amck2
9 years ago

I've not visited this forum for weeks. I posted after Labor Day about our decision to stay the course with the KD we contracted with before Easter who'd promised our job would be completed by end of summer.

Many wrote to say we were foolish to believe she would make good on her word to keep to her new schedule indicating they'd be done by Oct. 9th, given the track record of delays and excuses we'd experienced to that point. They were right.

There's been no end to the mistakes made and mistruths we've been fed. She has blamed everyone but the dog for...everything. The biggest lie was that the last dates that were pushed back were because her contractor wanted to finish up the last jobs before ours so he could focus exclusively on ours once he started. When he only showed up for 3 days' work in a 2-wk. period I tried to track him down because I discovered the electrician installing the island outlets in a different area than I'd wanted. He was at another job and told me he was actually working on several jobs and said we were lucky that they were working ours because it had pushed back another client.

He went on vacation a couple weeks ago, explaining that he'd only had 4 days off since July. I believe that. He arrives here looking stressed and detached. When he installed a hood cabinet that measured only 27" for the 30" hood that was delivered he told DH that he didn't measure, just installs what KD orders...Clearly he needed a break. If I told you all the things that have gone wrong here, you wouldn't believe it.

Anyway, I've stayed off the forum because I'm trying to focus on everything else but this. We've had 2 wks. of house guests to manage while still trying to move back in and set up the household.

I didn't want any of the good folks here who've given so much help since I began planning my remodel last year to think I'd just finished up and not bothered to follow up. When we get done and I have the heart for it, I will post a reveal.

Comments (3)