Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QS Cherry Cabinets?

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 18:34

Ooohh. Just saw pictures of quarter sawn cherry cabinets. Our GC is also a cabinet maker so he will make our cabs - I might not be able to resist

Anyone else have QS cherry for their cabinets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QS Cherry Cabinets?

Solid QS cherry presents a few problems, mainly that the boards would be very narrow, because cherry trees do not grow to tremendous size. I think an average QS board would be about 2" wide. The best you could hope for may be a 6" board.
Qs cherry veneer should be looked into.
The other problem is that QS fruitwoods look dead dull; they are only used to any advantage where there can be a large unbroken expanse of it(veneer) and it's highly-polished, so you get more impact. That's subjective I suppose, do what you like.
Casey

o
RE: QS Cherry Cabinets?

Maybe also listed as curly or figured cherry? Shaker style cabs so maybe just the "frame" of the doors?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here