Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ejbrymom

Island preference (match cabinets or accent color)

ejbrymom
14 years ago

When you designed your kitchen did you prefer to have your island match your cabinet color or did you chose an accent color (finish) to separate it/highlight it from the rest of the kitchen?

(if you have photos to share of your island that would be appreciated) PLanning on painting cabinets white not sure if island should be the same or different (I do have black appliances and black/oak table and chair set). Thanks for answering.

Comments (53)

• rsslp
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I did cottage white distressed cabinets on the perimeter and cherry with a tuscan sun glaze with distressing on the island, and LOVE IT... it's newly finished and I walk in everyday truly enjoying it!
    I don't really think it matters if something "dates" a kitchen. I think you need to do what you will love and live with everyday! That's what makes it home :)

• rhome410
    14 years ago

I agree with Igloochic's comments, but also have a little different viewpoint with your situation: Either you love black and white and really want the contrast, and should stay true to it. OR...You like the contrast, but also want to warm it up or soften it, in which case, a wood (stained or natural) island could bridge the gap between the white and black, soften the look, and add a lot of warmth to the room. Of course, a counter top material could do that, too...and you didn't mention your plan for that.

If you did a different color island, I would prefer it to be a different style than the other cabinets, so it has more of a natural reason to look different (unfitted).

It would probably help to know what you plan for countertop, flooring, and backsplash.

• ejbrymom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have Venetian Gold countertop - new (not going to change got it within last 2.5yrs)
    Have oak floors (butterscotch/reddish color)- going to change to Hickory or Walnut when we have the $$
    Backsplash - leaning towards a tumbled marble/ travertine look. Only ahve 4' granite backsplash currently
    I want it to look updated, rustic, elegant, french/english coutnry and timeless all in one. Does that make sense?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ejbrymom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wanted to add that I hope to brighten up the space and want whatever I do to be classic. Which is why I asked the original ?. Whatever I do I want it to last a while. I detest the oak cabinets - but they are in such good shape that I cannot justify removing them. And my hubby won't give me the budget either (hmph). My husband prefers the black appliances. I could have gone either black or stainless. The granite just fit the cabinets and appliances so well that we went with that.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

We painted our existing cabinets a white, and the cabinets we added (island pieces and the pantry/fridge wall) we chose a dark peppercorn cherry stain.

I love the contrast, and since the island matches something else in the kitchen, I think it works.

Here is a photo...it is a bit crazy because it has a backsplash idea photoshopped into it! We currently don't have anything back there yet. And the trim in the room is not done yet (crown moulding, light rails, the toe kick trim stuff, etc.) But it gives you an idea.

{{gwi:1992454}}

• rhome410
    14 years ago

I think a soft/subdued gold on the island to coordinate with the granite would be French/English country and be light, while looking nice with the black appliances. Also elegant with the granite and be a warm transition to the next room. Maybe put black or darker hardware on the island...or everywhere? Hardware can do a lot toward giving the room the style you want it to portray.

• yokatta
    14 years ago

Here is just a thought. If you like the look of a different color island, do it. If you hate it later or it goes out of style, refinishing or even redoing it 10 years later isn't going to be a huge (relatively) expense. But if you continue to love it then you keep it for 30 years.

• ejbrymom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

beekeeperswife - I love your kitchen! You painted it yourself or did you have it painted? What white did you use? It really looks beautiful! What wood flooring do you have?

• RoseAbbey
    14 years ago

I usually hang out in the deoorating forum but wanted to comment on this. We went with cherry perimeter and cream color island. Whether it dates in 10 years or not, I really dont care, I like what I like and as someone mentioned above, it would be no big deal to change out the island later on. Not a great picture but shows a bit of the island. The island and hutch are actually a cream color not as white as the picture shows.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I think rhome has a great idea - the soft gold island. I almost went with a black island. But it is fairly large and black would have made it appear even larger. In your kitchen, I think a black island would work against the overall feel you're going for and is too much with/too close too the black table/chairs.

Are your floors real wood? You can always stain them darker and get a walnut/hickory look for less, and maybe sooner. DD2 just put in hand scrapped hickory and it's the same color stain (Walnut) as our oak flooring.

I have four paint/stain colors and three countertop materials in our English kitchen, so obviously I'm not a matchy-matchy person. ;D But our table base/chairs are far across from the fridge wall, and similar in color.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

ejbrymom, thanks for the compliments. Yes we painted the existing cabinets ourselves. As you can see in the picture, I still need to do the crown moulding, but I'm waiting for my dh to get the light rail installed. It is oil based paint (BM), and I really don't want to get out that paint too many times!

The color is Cloud White. I really love it.

The floor is cork, from US Floors--it is Natural Cork, New Dimesions, Narrow Plank in Corte. (Isn't that a lot of words to describe something?)

Can't wait to get this kitchen done, and since 2010 is less than 11 hours away, I guess we won't be finished until next year...

• gillylily
    14 years ago

we did cherry perimeter cabinets and a black island.. I am more of a plain jane kind of girl and with my mother's encouragement, I decided to go with the black finish.. We have so many perimeter cabs. that go all the way up to our 9' ceillings, I think it would have looked like too much and needed to be broken up a little. This is the only picture I have so far.

• gillylily
    14 years ago

Here is a new picture with the granite in. I have absolute black on perimeters and typhoon bordeaux on island

• motherof3
    14 years ago

roseabbey - I love the look of your kitchen. Do you have a closeup pic of the island and kitchen? I would love to get a better look. I am thinking of doing the same. I like the corbels you have at the corners of the island. My designer did it on his graphics software, but it would be more helpful to see a real pic.

Thanks!

• yokatta
    14 years ago

roseabbey I really like the color of your kitchen cabinets. What type of wood did you use and what color of stain?

• igloochic
    14 years ago

ejbrynmom (I probably did that wrong...sorry) can I make a couple of suggestions for moving you along to your look?

First, I like the idea of painting the cabinets. You might give Ralph Lauren Startched Apron a try (in a gloss paint). It looks darker in the sample than it will on the cabinets so pick up a quart and paint a board with it...you'll love it...It's my go to white paint (it's a soft creamy warm ivory really). Check that out and then practice glazing with an antique glaze on top...it would be lovely together.

Look at the cabinet you see against the wall in allison's picture on the far left of your screen. See how the toe kick is removed and the base is solid? This is done with simple trim pieces (baseboard molding tacked onto the cabinet and a piece of guide wood you put on the floor even with your cabinet face). Do this around your island. You'll immediately take it up a step. I'd also consider bead board on the flat back side first as you can easily tuck it in under the granite without much trouble and it will dress it up immensely.

You need molding on the cabs if you want to go to a more timeless look. Your current look painted would still be a pretty basic american kitchen. Lovely, but not what you're shooting for. I'd add a simple crown to the cabinets...or (and this would be my preference) skip changing your oak floors....and spend that money on upper cabinets that stack on top of your existing cabs and take them to the ceiling. glass would be great if you could do it....and that would really take the kitchen up a notch.

Changing the base as I've suggested would give it a bit more of an unfitted look...if you're going to do a different paint, consider doing an entirely different finish as well. You could pop out the middle of the doors and put bead board in them as well (I don't know what they look like now) and then the beadboard on the back, then do the island in whatever color fits your fancy, but consider a crackle finish to make it look like a totally different piece of furniture was tucked into the kitchen.

Look to beekeepers lighting as an idea to update as well. It's soft and romantic and lovely...you need some softness to get closer to the feel you're shooting for. consider something like that or a smaller iron chandelier (which you can easily find on ebay for a steal).

Look to a drapery fabric with something organic on it...something with some texture like a nubby silk dupioni in a rich earthy color or a light tapestry. think fruit, vegies or chickens :)

A big earthware or yellow ware bowl would be lovely on the island for decor...or if you aren't able to update the top of the cabs with more cabs...in the mean time add a collection of antique mixing bowls up there (set them even with the crown molding by sitting them on an upside down cheap bowl to raise them up). Yellow ware, or any earthen ware would again give you that sort of aged feeling you get in the type of kitchen you want to have.

just a few ideas :) (i'm without a kitchen and having design withdrawals LOL)

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Look at the cabinet you see against the wall in allison's picture on the far left of your screen. See how the toe kick is removed and the base is solid? This is done with simple trim pieces (baseboard molding tacked onto the cabinet and a piece of guide wood you put on the floor even with your cabinet face).

Base is not solid, that's only an optical illusion.

Here is the side of those base cabinets - with what I believe Igloo was talking about:

Igloo is correct - glazing is simple and will take your cabinets up a notch if done correctly. Practice makes perfect. Dry brush on an oil based glaze. Remove with cheesecloth (best cloth to use, but you can use others).

Front of mine, with recessed area....don't know WTH you call it, other than custom. ;D

• igloochic
    14 years ago

Ohhh Allison thanks for posting...I saw the side which is why I said solid (which is how my island is) but I didn't see that detail in the front...that's lovely! My cabinet gal called those faux feet LOL but no matter what you call it, they're wonderful.

OP you could still get the feel of allison's piece (just look at the side) by doing the base molding without the detail, but if you have a talented wood worker that front would be fun to add. You can see how it takes the design up a notch verses basic toe kicks in the detail pics from allison (thanks allison, that was sweet) and you can see what glaze does for a painted surface!

I forgot one other molding piece that maybe someone can name for me. It's the piece you put on the bottom of the cabinet (opposite the crown molding). It finishes the bottom so it's not just a hanging box....let's see if I have a pic...it's the little piece sticking out at the base of this wall cabinet (in progress pic)

adding molding top and bottom is so cheap since you're going to paint it anyhoo so you don't have to match glazes etc...and it makes a world of difference!

• nc_cowgirl
    14 years ago

I am partial to the "mixed" look! I don't have any pics, but will have cream/glazed cabinets with raised panel w/applied moulding up top and beadboard on lower cabinets and reclaimed heart pine sink base and range hood..black leather granite and black distressed island with wood top purchased off ebay with corbels..I think you should do what you love!!

Allison....I would love to know where you got your wooden knobs and size. I love those and sister said she thought I should use wood knobs

• brickton
    14 years ago

I love the idea of keeping cabinets that are functional and adding finishes. I also would vote for a different island color. If it 'dates' the kitchen, so what? Just paint it the main cabinet colors later. That's not a hard fix, even if you've changed the style as other suggested, you can bring it right back in-line with the same paint color.

If you paint the island a different color and don't like it, re-painting just the island is not a huge task. I would suggest that you try painting it first and then adding in all of the add-ons that everyone is talking about, like adding feet or columns or a shelves on the side. But since you are presumably doing the painting, I think you can experiment a little with different colors once you get the main cabinets painted.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

You're welcome, igloo. I don't know what that bottom piece is called either, but it adds a nice finishing touch to cabinets and doesn't cost much to the price. I also vote for finished bottoms. I cannot stand to lean down, then look up, only to see unfinished upper cabinet bottoms. (At least in my house, couldn't care less in someone else's home! lol)

nc cowgirl, thank you. I answered in the thread you started (sorry, did not get back online last night), but I'll answer again here. My knobs are 1 and 5/8" diameter and deep. They came from the cabinetmaker/with the cabinetry. Similar knobs in the link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wooden knobs --> Scroll down

• judydel
    14 years ago

If you go with painted perimeter and a stained island, it should be easy (as others have said) to paint the island to match the perimeter down the road if you are so inclined. I'd go with what you love. I can't imagine that two color kitchens are going to be dated. Maybe I'm delusional. But it seems like so many people love this look that it's here to stay for awhile.

• redroze
    14 years ago

I choose what I like what it comes to home design. I tend to dismiss what's trendy - dismiss probably isn't the right word. I guess when I've tried to incorporate something mainly because it was trendy/au courant/seen a lot in design magazines (glass backsplashes last year, for example), it felt forced and informed by everyone else's preferences rather than mine!!

I've always loved white kitchens with dark stained islands. I didn't do it cause it was trendy - just that it looked nice!

It probably helps that there are other dark elements in our home (floors, kitchen table, desk) so the island doesn't stick out like a (trendy) sore thumb. I don't know. I guess just do what feels right and recommend that you do the same. =)

• arleneb
    14 years ago

We have white perimeter cabinets and a charcoal island. The kitchen is large, and I thought we'd have snow-blindness if all the cabinets were white. Besides, I like the look. The island has a brushed granite top with some color in it; the perimeter top is Zodiaq Eclipse Blue, which in most lighting situations is really more grey than blue. Obviously, the backsplash and glass doors aren't in yet.

My contrasting kitchen isn't the only "potentially dated" thing we chose for this house, but I really don't care. Most of our choices were because we liked them; some were for financial reasons. I know most GWers would shudder at the fan over the island -- but it's perfect for me. My pretty pendants are over the sink. We're the ones living here, and we wanted to please us. Down the road, if things need to be changed, we'll deal with it. Some will be relatively easy to change -- like painting the island. Others, not so easy. So be it.

There have been many fascinating threads here about what will or won't be dated. My take on it is that unless you're doing an out-and-out "period" kitchen, many, if not most, things will eventually be dated. Again, so be it.

Look at a LOT of kitchen pictures . . . pull out the ones that draw you in, and see what the trend is. When we built in 2001, I never dreamed I'd want a white kitchen, but I realized most of the pictures that grabbed me had white cabinetry. I still loved it after 6 years, so when we built this house, I did it again.

For me, the bottom line is: "Please yourself."

• robinst
    14 years ago

I really like the look of some of the kitchen's with light cabinets and dark counters on the perimeter paired with a dark island and light counters. I thought about doing it in our kitchen, but was not sure if I would always like it. I also had so much trouble picking out one counter that finding a coordinating pair would be tough. I really love the soapstone/marble combination, but it was not practical for our very little boys. I just posted our kitchen and I am happy with all white cabinets . I used dark bar stools and hardwoods to make it look a little less white.

Good luck making your decision.

• country_smile
    14 years ago

Definitely go with what YOU like. As others have mentioned, browse through photos and take note to which ones you like over others and what elements they have that attract you. Even if it is your "forever kitchen", as some have coined the expression, you always have the option in the future to make changes without completely remodeling the entire kitchen.

Personally, I like the look of mixed finishes in medium to large sized kitchens, because it adds visual interest. For those that don't like mixed finishes, there are other options available to add visual interest or pizazz in a kitchen. I also like photos of kitchens in which the homeowners added a touch of their own personality that sets their kitchen apart from others.

As far as - Will it look dated in a few years?...Your guess is as good as anyone else's, BUT, keep in mind, it is just that - a guess or someone's opinion. Focus on finding and selecting styles, finishes, products,etc. that YOU like now and will feel comfortable living with for years to come.

Here's a link of my mixed finishes for another example:

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1388953}}

• ejbrymom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You all have such beautiful kitchens - all different but equally as beautiful.

I think that black - with black appliances and table/chairs would be overpowering. I am thinking about doing a taupey/grey color on the island - still LIGHT in color to brighten the space but different enough to add visual interest in the space. I don't think it would fight with the wall color BM Pittsfield Buff - if light and neutral enough and would go beautifully with the granite and compliment the black appliances.

I have enjoyed hearing everyones perspective on this - please feel free to continue adding response. I am enjoying the opinions/POV and the pictures. Very helpful!

• rnest44
    14 years ago

My island cabinets match my 'L' part of the kitchen but each has different granite: black pearl on the 'L' and black marinace on the island. (The granite is not yet installed.)

I ended up doing a wall with new maple stained bases and old oak uppers that I painted myself with BM white dove. The wall is 120" and the 72" cabinet (14" deep) that I reused has glass doors while the 48" (12"deep) is solid. I purchased crown molding that my carpenter added. The back of the glass door cabinet is a darker green and 4 surface mount pucks light my crystal. This whole wall is 18" deep bases and create a desk and hutch all with natural maple butcher block (also not installed yet).

I like mixing it up. We plan to be here at least another 10 years so although the improved kitchen size and layout might be timeless some of my finish choices are not and I accept that.

BTW Allison and Igloochic, my carpenter calls them furniture bases. Don't know if that is a standard term or not. On the uppers at the bottom is it like a light rail but not?

• igloochic
    14 years ago

I think light rail is what it was called. :) Thank you! And the term came to me last night...it's shoe molding, applied in a furniture base style :) I remembered shoe molding but not the furniture base! Obviously I'm not a carpenter LOL

• ejbrymom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Igloo - Good ideas!! I love the furniture base/shoe molding idea! That would really make it look finished. I plan to add molding to the bottom of the top cabinets to finish them off as well. And there is already a simple crown on the top of cabinets now(had those installed a bit ago - no pics of it yet). I had panels (like the doors) made for the island by our carpenter a long time ago just need to get around to painting so I could put them on.
    Thank you for your very detailed and descriptive response and the time it took to respond. :)

• hoosiermom_2009
    14 years ago

I say go with what you like! I love mixed cabinet colors. I had Maple cabinets put in my kitchen, the perimeter is lighter with a dark glaze and the island is all dark. I love it and have gotten lots of compliments. It is not a super obvious difference but they compliment eachother nicely.

This picture is just before we moved in, obviously still missing some lights but you get the idea.

• rnest44
    14 years ago

Ah, we are using shoe molding in my kitchen b/c the floors are so uneven. The cabinets are wacky looking but level for the granite. It will go on the furniture base and toe kicks. No one will be the wiser. :)

Adding posts, corbels, and feet can help take your kitchen to the next level. Hardware on the island could be different too.

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

"BTW Allison and Igloochic, my carpenter calls them furniture bases. Don't know if that is a standard term or not."

So does mine - basically. My cabinet people call it furniture toe kick. And the recessed part they call arched toe kick.

Before this thread, I thought "arched and furniture" toe kicks were standard industry jargon.

The toe kick on my island will be the same set up as Allisons - furniture TK on the sides and arched TK on the overhang side (and regular recessed TK on the working side).

BTW, I changed my contrasting white island to clear stained birch (like the perimeter) at the very last second before the cabinet order. I like both looks personally - contrasting or same, but I was mostly concerned with having to scrub down the island all the time with little feet kicking the white cabinetry. I know wood color will hold up and hide damage better. I also still have 3 white pieces in my kitchen so that it was 50/50 wood and white, and I wanted more wood.

I think it's a personal decision though. Do what you think you will love.

• RoseAbbey
    14 years ago

motherof3 and yokatta, I didnt see your posts until today.

motherof3, here more pictures of the kitchen.
    yokatta, the cabinets are cherry with a walnut stain.
    Thank you both for your kind words.

{{gwi:1540611}}

{{gwi:1548799}}

• RoseAbbey
    14 years ago

sorry I want to bump this so the two posters who asked me about my kitchen have a chance to see. Thanks

• arleneb
    14 years ago

Roseabby, it's just beautiful! Very elegant! I'll bet you're really enjoying it.

• motherof3
    14 years ago

roseabbey - I love your kitchen even more! I am going to add it as an inspiration kitchen for my renovation! I love the contrast between the wood cabinets and the cream island. I think your island is bigger than mine so I'm not sure if I can do the corner corbels. Do you have the details of your cabinet manufacturer/cabinet colors and granite choice? Thanks for posting more pics and bumping the topic.

• festusbodine
    14 years ago

SOOOOO many beautiful kitchen pics on here! It's truly inspiring. Let's face it. Most of what everyone is doing in their kitchen currently is "trendy." None of us live in Tuscany. (I've been to Tuscany. The Tuscans don't have kitchens that look like our "Tuscan" kitchens!) Very few people were using so many beautiful natural materials like granites and tumbled marble for backsplash. Very few people were hanging trios of vintage schoolhouse or industrial pendant lights. These elements are in virtually every kitchen we see here today. Are they trendy? Of course they are. The thousands of people who bought avocado green or harvest gold appliances in 1972 didn't think they were trendy either. They thought they were using organic warm tones reminiscent of the food they cooked in those kitchens. These colors seemed fresh, intuitive, natural. In retrospect, of course it was trendy. But it didn't seem like it at the time.

We'd like to think our kitchen designs will transcend this. That somehow our vision today will be timeless and classic. That's great in theory, but it's not realistic. In time, we'll be bombarded with new ideas in magazines, we'll see new looks in restaurants, and we'll tune into new cooking show stars. These media will send us a message about what is NOW "classic." And guess what? It won't look like what we're doing in our kitchens now.

At the end of the day, we have to design our kitchen for what makes us happy today. We have no way of knowing what this new "classic" will look and feel like. And anyone who truly thinks that their kitchen has successfully bucked today's trends is likely living with an almond refrigerator or a bisque range.

Why do we do this? My best guess is that given how expensive the investment is for a kitchen remodel, nobody wants to think their choices or taste will be obsolete anytime soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our bungalow remodel blog

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

I looked at several kitchens on the FKB and decided that I liked the look of the contrast between "all that white" and the island. Ours isn't a huge kitchen, but I still wanted something that would tie in the medium tones of the cork flooring with the granite (we have the same as redroze and beekeeperswife). For us, it ended up making the kitchen look much warmer. And our two kitchen chairs and three counter stools are darker than the island...somehow, to us, it all goes together.
    Isn't it cool to look at these gorgeous kitchens? So many people who post here have made stunning choices.

Keep saying to yourself: What "sings" to me? What makes me light up when I see it? What will I be most at home with? If you trust that little voice, you won't go wrong!

• RoseAbbey
    14 years ago

hostagrams, thank you, yes I enjoy the kitchen very much.
    motherof3, the cabinets were custom made my a local gentlemen in our area. The cabinets are select cherry with a walnut stain. The granite is giallo ornamental. Good luck with your kitchen.

• avesmor
    14 years ago

And for reference, the pocket office as currently designed (with optional cabinetry):

• beg1
    14 years ago

Roseabbey, would you be willing to provide more details of your kitchen? I am interested in the wall paint color, tile that you used in the kitchen, and pendant lights. The pattern that you used for the floor tile looks great as well as all of your space! Thanks so much.

• keband3boys
    14 years ago

I also like the look of the two different cabinet colors... what's the opinion out there of using a different counter top then? Can you use the same granite or should I go with two different colors?

• pps7
    14 years ago

I love mixing stained and painted pieces. Look at all these gorgeous kitchens, it can be done in many different ways. My white kitchen is completely open to the dining room and the dining room will have stained built ins. The kitchen also opens to the mudroom which will have built ins painted green/brown/grayish color. I kept the countertops the same.

There are many opportunities to vary paint colors and stains (floors, dining table). As long as it all works together, it will look great!

• plumberry
    14 years ago

my only thought about having cab diff from island is that the majority, if not all, of the photos in this thread showed large kitchens with space around the islands or the island as in the case of abbey rose island tied into the room next to it, matching the large hutch. The OP's kitchen doesn't look as spacious to me but I could be totally wrong about that.
    The different color might stop the eye and rather than open it up, will close it in and make it feel smaller.Though maybe using a white/light island would not have the effect that a black/dark one would.
    I don't know what I'm talking about but just a thought.

• cmill1if
    14 years ago

Avesmor - I'm looking at putting in a 7'x5'4" pocket office similar to shelly_k's. I noticed yours is pretty small too. Do you have other pics of your pocket office? What size is it and are you happy with the size? We just plan to use ours to store the laptop, printer, and bills, etc. Not that we will sit in there all the time.

Ejbrymom - It definitley is a personal choice, but I think I like it either way. Depends on what color cabinets you are going with it can really make a statement. On the other hand, as OP mentioned before you can always change the island in years to come to update, but redoing all of your cabinets may be too much in years to come. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the final pics.

• tracey_b
    14 years ago

I, too, would love to know Roseabbey's wall color. Thanks!

• sophiesmom08
    14 years ago

We just recently did a remodel/redesign of our existing kitchen that is only 6 years old. I have always liked the look of a contrasting accent island from the perimeter cabinets, but wasn't sure if I had the courage to take that risk. I also worried that it might date the kitchen too soon after spending such a huge amount of money, but my youngest DD finally put it into perspective when she said it's basically the same as only putting out your best linens and dishes for company. Why worry about about 10 or 12 years from now (I may not even be here tomorrow) when I could be loving and enjoying it today?

Since we were remodeling the living room and adding a fireplace, as well, we thought we would have the cabinet makers do the fireplace surround in the same finish as the Island to have the areas complement each other.

Please overlook the new laundry room door that hasn't been painted and without knob and also the ceiling still needs to be painted.

Perimeter Cabinets are Oak with Mahogany stain, the Island is Glazed Ivory.

New Fireplace Mantle Surround in Living Room to complement the Kitchen Remodel

• kodak1
    13 years ago

bump

• BeckyJoTX
    13 years ago

If you go with a different color for the island - -Do you need to stay with the same cabinet style or can you change that up as well? Who has done that? what are your door styles?