txbluebonnet11

Help Me Choose My Waterstone Faucets

TXBluebonnet11
10 years ago

I am trying to decide on faucets for our kitchen and I am torn between:

Waterstone Annapolis 5600
Waterstone 4100-18 Towson

and the Towson faucet like the 4100-18 but with a 12" extension

My sink is a Kohler 8 degree stainless sink and I am going with a polished nickel finish for the faucet. The faucet will be located in a peninsula behind a raised bar.

I am leaning towards the Towson model because I like the look, but I prefer having the sprayer as a one piece unit. The Towson would require a separate sprayer. If I go with the Towson, how do I know which size extension to get? I would really appreciate some input! I will also be doing a prep sink faucet and cold water filter at the separate prep sink.

This post was edited by TXBluebonnet11 on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 18:33

Comments (20)

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is our sink.

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the Towson faucet, with 18" extension.

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the Annapolis model. I would purchase the polished nickel finish.

• jeweleee
    10 years ago

I also like the integrated sprayer in the main faucet and would vote for the Annapolis. It is a beautiful fixture. Both both are really gorgeous. I just like one less thing on the counter.

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

TX

The second faucet you have linked is not the Annapolis, it is the traditional pulldown faucet. I know because I have it and I love it. I mean I really love it.

I was also choosing between the Towson and that faucet. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted the pull-down sprayer. I also thought that the Towson might be harder to clean.

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

NYC, I guess I got the name confused but the photo is the correct one I am considering. Thank you so much for your input and for letting me know that you LOVE it!!! Do you find the height of the arch to be too high? What do you think about using the Towson for the prep sink?

This post was edited by TXBluebonnet11 on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 21:37

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jewelee, thank you for your vote! It's so good to get opinions. It really does help!

• poohpup
    10 years ago

I have the PLP Traditional extended reach (the 5500) and I LOVE it. Love, love, love it. Besides being gorgeous, it feels like quality. The sprayer is very easy to pull out and return and stays right where you put it. Was a lot of money at the time, but have never regretted it. Been using mine for about 18 months now.

I love the Towson too. Saw it in person that thought it was just gorgeous. Ended up putting a Hampton kitchen faucet at my prep sink because it has the nice arch like the PLP and I thought it would coordinate better.

Something else to consider, you can get the PLP in a prep faucet too. I purchased my Waterstone's from Rachiele.com and Dino Rachiele had commissioned Waterstone to make a prep size traditional PLP. It's pricey because it is custom (thinking in the neighborhood of $1500-$1600).

There are specs for all the faucets on Waterstone's site. Make a mock up of your sink and check out the faucet specs and mark where they hit. Might help you decide. What size is your sink?

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I also have a Waterstone. My only regret is not going for the extended reach. I have the more contemporary model of the PLP with a modified head.
    I am partial to the traditional unless you are making a statement. I got mine at Baldwin brass in west reading pa. They shipped to me but interesting idea from Pooh.

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Tx--I love the Towson but I wouldn't do them both. I think they would be competing design statements.

• TXBluebonnet11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pooh, thanks so much for the info. That would be ideal for the prep sink, but it's not in the budget. My sink is 31.5 x 16.

Gemini: Is the extended reach the taller faucet?

What prep sink faucet do you guys think would go best with the Traditional Pulldown Faucet?

This post was edited by TXBluebonnet11 on Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 23:40

• poohpup
    10 years ago

My sink is 36" and the PLP 5500 (the extended reach) can easily reach all areas of my sink to clean as well as fill a pot sitting on the counter next to the sink. The difference in reach between the 5500 and the 5600 is only 1 3/8" and both have an 18" reach with the hose. I think you'd be fine with the smaller 5600. The other consideration is the height of the faucet. The 5500 is slightly taller. The only time I've really appreciated the extra height was when I wash my 20 quart stock pots. Still could have washed them easily with the shorter 5600.

Go on Waterstone's site and check out the specs on each faucet. The extended reach version is taller and has a longer reach.

What size is your prep sink? My prep sink is an 18" square and I quickly ruled out the prep faucets because they were just too small. I ended up with the Hampton kitchen faucet because it coordinated nicely with the PLP 5600 and had a nice reach that fit my prep sink. Thought about the Annapolis but the prep faucet was too small (too short a reach) and the kitchen faucet was too large for my 18" prep sink. Very happy with the Hampton.

• snooopy34
    8 years ago

Pooh,

I am considering getting the extended contemporary PLP 5300 vs the smaller 5400. I am getting a 36" (farmhouse) sink like yours. How do you like the size of your PLP extended 5500? I'm worried it may look too big for the sink or fall too much to the front of the sink. Do you have photos of your sink and faucet?

• nycbluedevil_gw
    8 years ago

Snoopy, I am redoing my kitchen in my new country house and am also installing a 36" farm sink. I love my Waterstone faucets in my apartment and am going to use the same ones in the house. I debated back and forth between the 5500 and 5600. Ultimately, I decided not to opt for the extended reach. I have the 5600 on a 30" sink and I think it is plenty big. I also don't want to go taller.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    8 years ago

Snoopy also, this is a really old post. Not sure that pooh hangs around here anymore. I have just resurfaced after a couple of years myself.

• snooopy34
    8 years ago

Thanks for your input nyccluedevil! The extended does seem a little big but thought it might be more proportionate to the sink. Hoping someone else comes forward with a photo of the extended with a 36" =) I posted a new question elsewhere but no responses yet. Would love a pic of your finished farm house set up when you're done!

• nycbluedevil_gw
    8 years ago

I am now rethinking my decision. I may go with the extended reach.....

• raebutt
    8 years ago

I just installed a really big double bowl Rohl farmhouse sink, 39 1/2 inches. I bought Waterstone as well. My DH actually picked the faucet, it is HUGE but we LOVE it. Probably too big for OP's sink but just sharing. Our faucet is the Gantry in SN. It has great reach with the swing arm pot filler and great reach with the pull down spray head. It is a statement piece but the PN blends well with the grey tones in the granite and fades into the background because it is satin vs polished. Love the way it operates.

• snooopy34
    8 years ago

"I am now rethinking my decision. I may go with the extended reach....."

nycbluedevil_gw - really? why? have you completed your remodel? I would love to see the outcome!