Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

15in Base Cabinet- Anyone convert one to a trash pullout?

raehelen
16 years ago

OK- things are progressing! Granite actually arrived yesterday- though past 5:00pm on a Saturday- we can be forgiven for thinking it was NEVER coming...

Now, I'm really getting ready to finalize kitchen organization. I THINK I've come up with a great idea for my trash/recycling storage/area. I have a 15" base cabinet next to DW, which is next to sink.

Is there any reason I can't have made a 6" high (cuz the maple stock available to the KD is 6")pullout shelf to house 2 trash receptacles and then have him attach (screw) the door to the front of the wooden box (just like my 12" drawers are made).

I then would basically have a 24" high 15" wide 'drawer' with 6" sides. Mechanically, would there be too much 'pull' on the top part of the door if it was only attached at the bottom 6"?

Does anyone have a trash pullout similar to this? I think I should see if there are trash bins available in a size that would just fit in there- ideally I'd like two, one for garbage, one for recycling. Or- maybe keep garbage under sink, and use one for recycling, one for bottle returns...

TIA, Rae

P.S. Why can't we use the " in the subject line???

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH