Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Kitchen is Featured on my Tile Webpage

Posted by mamasheshe (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 17:56

They asked me months ago if they could use my photos, but I had forgotten about it. Pretty cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tierra y Fuego tile (my kitchen)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Kitchen is Featured on my Tile Webpage

No no no. It is YOUR kitchen/backsplash which is pretty cool not to mention NEW, FRESH, and outright GORGEOUS. Love seeing the new picture :) please keep posting from any and all angles!

o

Pretty cool! And with permission too :-). I bet they were thrilled to be able to use those pics, it's a great use of the tile, and the kitchen is a normal kitchen, not an over the top space people would have trouble imagining in their home.

o

How thoughtful of them to ask permission first. And the photo is fabulous! Who took the pic?

Congrats!

o

You have one of the coolest backsplashes I have ever seen.

o

That is so neat to be featured, and so very nice to be asked for permission. I love your backsplash too.

o

What a fun backsplash!

o

Way COOL!!! :)

o

Very pretty! I haven't seen tile like that before - the more traditional floral cut into long tiles. Only modern/glass or ceramic strips. Nice job!

o

I love it! And yes, how kind of them to ask first!

May I pin it?

o

WONDERFUL!!! What an honor!

o

WONDERFUL! What an honor! Congrats!

o

Love it. That's great!

And, as a professional photographer, I have to say, it's not "kind of them to ask first" - they need to receive permission from the person that created the photo in order to use it. In the US, the person who creates the image is the copyright holder...it is illegal AND they can be sued if they use photos that are not created by them and they have not received the permission of the person who took the photo. So, assuming that you took the photo, they absolutely had to ask for permission to use it from you in order to use it legally on their website.

o

Thank you everyone. I actually thought it was pretty cool. We have been living in the kitchen for a few (crazy) months now, and I'm still very happy with my choice. Strange that now that I have a great and functional kitchen, I'm still not cooking like I had imagined I would. My oldest daughter moved back home and currently has a suspended license and two jobs. My other 4 kids are all in sports, music, etc. I spend the dinner-cooking hours in the car and have relied on quick meals. Oh yeah, and my 15 year old has decided she doesn't like ANYTHING. Kind of takes the joy out of cooking. But when the kids are gone, hubby and I will have a nice place to cook.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here