Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen layout help please

Posted by five4me (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 17:38

I have been a fan of GW for many years and am in desperate need of assistance. I am remodeling a kitchen and could use as much input as possible. Here are the details. It is a galley kitchen with 147" on either side. Enter the house and there is a small foyer of about 6 feet with a pocket door that leads right into the kitchen. Through the kitchen is the eating area which is not included in the 147". Appliances are.. 36 in bottom KA or Miele type fridge, 24" dw, 30" stove tbd and a 24" Gaggenau steamer. 30" main sink and would love to get a prep sink in somewhere as this is for 2 cooks and 2 dogs.

There is a window on one side that I can remove it is 33" off the pocket door and goes for 48". It is in a really bad spot. Not far enough to get 2 banks of nice sized drawers in either side but nice for added light. On the side opposite the window there is a full wall for 48" of the 147".

Pictures to come shortly. I hope this is helpful to start.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen layout help please

HOw far off the floor are the windows?

o
RE: Kitchen layout help please

You'll find that the people who get the most responses for layout help are the ones who post a clear layout with dimensions included. Photos are a plus. Sketch out a layout on graph paper and start a new thread. Along with the layout, include information about how your kitchen is used such as how many cooks, what type of cooking, entertaining, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here