Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shiloh Cabinets - quality - and other ?

Posted by slowdowntohurryup (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 17:21

...stumbled across the Shiloh Cabinet line in a Kitchen showroom and in general came away very impressed. My questions are...

- We had looked at the Old World Style (painted) cabinets and was wondering if anybody else made anything comparable (these were nice - but may have a little too much distressing - as the doors literally have holes in them)
- Some of the other colors/styles werent too bad and we picked out an idea or two we liked...
- The company sold Kraftmaid as well and they said these were just above Kraftmaid - they did not price the Kraftmaid, but we did get a couple of quotes on the Shiloh..

- Are Shiloh cabinets only available through retail outlets, or can you go through the manufacturer and order them? Outside of contacting Shiloh looking for another dealer, we were wanting to compare Shiloh prices and havent been able to as of yet....if nothing else, we wouldnt mind taking a look at anything else another company may offer...

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shiloh Cabinets - quality - and other ?

Wanted to let you know that I sell Shiloh as a kitchen designer with over 30 years of experience and have found it to be a terrific value for the dollar and well worth further investigating

o

We just installed Shiloh and are very happy, although cant speak to durability yet, obviously.

o

I am in love with the Shiloh Cabinets in the Polar White finish and I found them very well made at the store and I am still considering them if I can find a reasonably priced installer who will remove my soffit and old cabinets and not charge so much for unplugging and plugging appliances and plumbing since I am not changing the layout of the kitchen at all.

o

We have had the Shiloh cabinets in our kitchen for about 8 months and we are quite impressed with their durability and ease of cleaning. I have soft white painted finish, inset cabinets. Our kitchen is lived in (family of 4 with 2 teenagers) and I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally hit (slammed!) the edge of a cabinet with a glass baking dish, mixing bowl, etc. and cringed, afraid to look at the damage I just caused. Nothing...no nick in the finish or material! They clean with ease, too. Just wipe with a damp cloth.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shiloh (almost) Finished Kitchen

o

So excited to hear the good reviews! Placing my order with Shiloh in the next two weeks :)

o

Total_remodel, which style Shiloh cabinets are you getting and which finish/color?

o

We had Shiloh cabinets in Polar White Maple and an espresso island installed last month. Still working on our house, so have not lived with them yet. They look beautiful and can't wait to start using them! We did get the sand through finish and I am very happy with the look. They do appear and feel very well made.

o

thanks for the responses... we are going to meet with the builder soon and are going to take examples of what we like and go from there... i havent seen a local custom cabinet that compares...

o

Our Shiloh cabinets have been hard at work for 18 months now. They are soft white with cafe highlighting, except for the little island which is red cherry. No chips or any other paint issues. We did have to have the garbage pull out hardware replaced (about a year in), but they sent it to us at no cost.

When you compare, be sure to compare apples to apples -- Shiloh does not charge for soft-close drawers, they are standard, and I believe they also do not upcharge for inset either, which can be considerable I hear. (Ours are not inset, but I've heard that here on the Kitchen Forum).

FWIW,
Amy

o

We are waiting for our Shiloh cabinets. We ordered soft white beaded inset and cherry island with mocha glaze. We liked the showroom display and also all of the photos we have seen on GW. If you call the company they will give you the regional contact that can give you the names of local dealers. We compared two shiloh dealers and went with the KD we preferred. It took us so much longer to get to the point of ordering than we expected! Good luch in your search.

o

Ksarah, I also fell in love with the Polar White Maple Shiloh Beaded Inset Cabinets and would love to see pictures to see if I should be patient and save and wait for them since they are the look I love.

o

we have Shiloh polar white inset in our kitchen. The quality of the cabinet construction is excellent. However our painted finish has dinged very easily. Maybe we are harder on our stuff than other people.

o
pps7 - RE: Shiloh Cabinets - quality - and other ?

pps7, do you have anu pictures of your kitchen cabinets? I would love to see the Polar White. It seemed to be darker than BM Cloud White and a nice warm white without being stark.

o
I meant any and not anu- RE: Shiloh Cabinets - quality

Sorry pps7, the phone range and I meant to click preview so the post is not final with any spelled anu due to the keys again on my keyboard fading away. It looks like I need 4 keyboards a year!

o

here are a few pics. I love the polar white!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o
pps7- Shiloh Cabinets - quality - and other ?

PPS7, I love the Shiloh Polar White so much! Your cabinets are beautiful! What paint color did you use on your window trim since it looks like it goes so well on my monitor? I love your floors so much! What size recessed lights do you have that look so nice?

o

lynn2006, getting oxford full overlay but the color is still up in the air. they are offering the inset as an upgrade through the end of the year but my preference is the overlay. I am back and forth between sable stain and brown paint. I love the painted finish and am leaning that way. every morning i wake up and change my mind. I love them both for different reasons.

FWIW, my KD says Shiloh is having a price increase Jan 20th

o

I was told that the price increase was effective Jan 1st. Also, not sure if everyone is aware that Shiloh's standard drawer box is now dove tail plywood instead of plywood stapled. I'm really surprised that their standard drawer isn't full extension soft close since most things that are standard are upgrades on other cabinet manufacturers.

o

aries61, did you mean that Shiloh's standard drawer IS full extension soft close?

I wish the price increase would be 01-20-12 to give me more time to collect on these invoices to decide what I will do.

o

The quote I got listed full extension soft close as an upgrade.

o

Total_remodel, Thank you! I think my quote had the full extension soft close like in the show room since I was told the pricing was for the cabinets in the show room that I liked.

o

I finally made an appointment to go see Shiloh cabinets at the only place that sells them near me. The person I talked to said that the price increase is January 20. She's not sure if that's the same date they will start charging more for inset, but that from her paperwork, the way it's set up, it looks like that will be an upgrade at some point.

I've wanted inset painted cabinets since I first started my kitchen research just over a year ago. It would figure the price would go up right when we're so close to making these decisions!

o

Thank you Lamki! Then I may hold off painting my cabinets and see if I can get these invoices out and make up my mind what I want to do for now.

o

inset, homestead door in maple, vintage collection, mandarin.

o

looking for a shiloh dealer to work with, i am in new york city area (queens)
anyone?

i contact shiloh through their website no response yet.

o

I am not happy with Shiloh at all. We had a full bank of closets made for a room and the door fronts are awful. They took them all back and tried to get them more even but several doors are still unacceptable. Streaks, blotches, etc. I would be happy if they replaced the one really bad door but I am just getting the runaround and they say the "doors are within acceptable standards." Then they say the project was ordered "as furniture." Nonsense. I am the one who has to live with this day in and day out and it is definitely NOT acceptable.
All the hype on the website about customer service and pleasing the customer, etc. etc. is just that -- hype.
VERY disappointed and still pursuing satisfaction -- it has been 8 months now.

o

jharrow: what state are you in? I am just about to place my order for kitchen cabinets and your post is making me second guess my decision. Any update: I hope they were willing to right the situation. I'm so sorry for your frustration.

o

Jharrow, I would also like to know the State you are in and if Shiloh ever made the situation right?

o
To Jharrow - RE: Shiloh Cabinets - quality - and other ?

I am bumping this thread up to see if Jharrow sees it.

o

we did shiloh in 2010/2011 and we love them. No issues.

o

Thank you adh673 for letting us know. Do you have any pictures? Which door did you choose and which finish?

o

adh673's beautiful Shiloh Kitchen Cabinets link that I found. I love this kitchen! The cabinets are soft white with a glaze. I love the counters. So glad to know she is still happy with her Shiloh Kitchen Cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: adh673's beautiful Shiloh Kitchen Cabinets

o

I also love Shiloh2012's inset, homestead door in maple, vintage collection, mandarin Kitchen Cabinets!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here