Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerlymotherof3sons

KAW - Baking Christmas Treats!

motherof3sons
11 years ago

We are getting slammed by this storm and my office closed at noon. What's a girl to do? Bake!

And finally - cleanup.

Comments (13)

• rosylady
    11 years ago

What fun! I wish we had snow! Just rain here.

You have a very pretty kitchen:)

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks RosyLady! It rained all night and turned to snow around 10:00 a.m. Within 30 minutes it was a white out. My son called and it is snowing in his area. He is stuck in traffic due to an accident on a rural highway - almost 2 hours. At least he is within 5 miles of his house.

I pray for the safety of everyone and for the first responders.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

You go gurl....

we are just getting ready for the end of the world here. Anybody know what time it is supposed to "end"? Midnight tomorrow or midnight tonight? Of course it already is tomorrow in Australia and we are still here, well, I think we are at least.

• User
    11 years ago

Nice !! What is in the loaf pans ??? You have to tell us ALL about what you baked :)

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

You're a neat cook. You concentrate. Cookies look great as do breads. Very nice kitchen: warm and cozy. Fun. Thanks for the motivation!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Looks like a great day of baking. Yum. Are you the kind of baker (or cook) that washes dishes as you go? I am. Just a habit I guess, but I'm always washing up between the times the cookies go in the oven and come out.

Love Santa supervising.

• springroz
    11 years ago

Looks good!! Where did you get that cool multiple loaf pan??

Merry Christmas!

Nancy

• cathy725
    11 years ago

I was admiring your kitchen too. Yes, kitchen envy!

I have a multi-loaf pan like that which I purchased from pampered chef. Not sure if her's is from there. I love it for baking to make give-away baskets for friends!

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry I have not gotten back to the posts. My son is stranded in a snow storm, but the volunteer firefighters are rescuing him soon. Plus, two nephews are stranded in the same storm about 20 miles from their cousin.

Bee - we are still here, too. I am ready to, open another bottle of red. It has been a long night.

Trailrunner - I am honored to stopped by to view my post! I have cooking envy for every dish you prepare. The breads are banana, no nuts because of food allergies. So far I have made sugar cookies, M&M cookies, Spritz, chocolate crinkles topped with peppermint Hershey Hugs, and banana bread. The house smells wonderful.

Sparklingwater - I am rolling on the floor laughing. Told my husband about your comment about being a neat cook. He just looked at me. :-) We love the kitchen; thanks for the compliment.

Schoolhouse - no, I wash up after everything is done. Well, maybe I run hot soapy water and let it sit overnight and get scummy. DH loves it when I leave water in the sink! Santa is a gift from my MIL 30 plus years ago.

Springoz - the pan is Pampered Chef. I have become quite fond of stoneware. Love how it bakes cookies.

Cathy725 - I use it for gifts, too! Love that pan. It was sent to me in error in a PC ordered years ago. The consultant told me to keep it! Took me years to use it and now it is a favorite pan. I have another one that belonged to my MIL; it is metal.

This post has taken so long I have an update on all the kids. My son will soon be rescued. He will not make it home to his family, but that's okay There was a school bus the first responders were trying to get out of a ditch and the kids safely back to the school. The nephews are safe at a fire house. When I get the message my son is safe then all will be right in the world. I am going to open another bottle of wine.

• stacieann63
    11 years ago

Did your son message you yet to say he is safe? Hope so!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

So sorry your family is having this terrible ordeal in the snow. How awful. Hope everything gets back to normal soon for them and you.

Baking is good therapy. Have been making cookies for a couple of weeks off and on. it was so much fun with the new things in the kitchen. I really love the creativity of decorating sugar cookies. This year one of my best finds was a Silpat. Makes baking cookies nearly fool proof. You can also roll out dough on it but I just use my granite because it keeps the dough cool and easier to use cookie cutter. Also found a better tasting and easier to work with sugar cookie recipe on Our Best Bites website. Also made some bourbon balls for the neighbors who are some of the only people I know who really love them, lol.

• User
    11 years ago

I hope your son is safe and sound and gets reunited with his family asap. Glad the rest of them are OK too and hope they get home soon. You are sweet to compliment my efforts !! Thank you .

gr8day...funny you should say "baking therapy" ..that is what DH calls it as he heads into the kitchen to bake biscotti !! It sure does sooth the soul to have the lovely mindfulness that comes with mixing, shaping and baking.

What a nice post . c

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone! He made it safely to the local warming center. A big thank you to all the first responders and volunteers. It was so bad last night the Sheriff's office was calling for snowmobiles to help rescue people. My son reported a bulldozer was clearing the road to get the people out of cars. The operator was probably a local that volunteered his equipment and services.

Baking is therapy for me too! I am going to start up the ovens soon. I love my silpat so much I asked for more for Christmas.