Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctblubird_gw

Can't decide on Countertops - Plz Help!

ctblubird
11 years ago

I'm just about ready to order my new cabinets but can't decide on countertops. I'm changing from 80's golden ash cabinets to a mix of expresso glazed ivory cabinets for the perimeter and cinnamon cabinets for the island.
Here are my options: 1. Buy all new granite (try to sell the old stuff) 2. Re-use all of my current granite which is Uba Tuba or 3. Re-use the Uba Tuba on the ivory cabinets and buy new, lighter color granite for the cinnamon island.

My floor will be travertine tile. The backsplash will also be white travertine.

You will be able to see a half bath and my office from the kitchen. The half bath has white travertine with and inset of crema marfil and dark emperador marble insets. I'm not sure what type of stone will be on the office floor.

My concern is that I am going to have too many stone surfaces and textures and colors. My kitchen does not get a lot of natural light - it's very dark. This is the main reason I'm switching to ivory cabinets. I was considering the light granite on the island to lighten things up and keeping the uba tuba to save a few dollars.
I'd love to hear your thoughts...I'm going in circles...

The pictures show my current kitchen. We are taking out the peninsula and replacing with an island to try to gain a better flow. Thoughts on the layout will be appreciated as well.
PS. I can't take down any walls and no, I can't move my refrigerator. It stinks, but I can't do it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz