Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

For anyone living with allergy problems...this is amazing!

lavender_lass
10 years ago

I read this and wanted to share with everyone. What a great little dog! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to terrier JJ and allergic reactions

Comments (13)

• bpath
    10 years ago

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

• springroz
    10 years ago

Very uplifting!!! What a great dog!

I formed a new theory several years ago.....beware of impending health problems if a dog shows up at your house and will not leave!
    I have had two friends that had dogs show up, make their home with them, then the people suddenly got sick and died. It takes a year or so... it's a small sample, but still...

Nancy

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bpathome- I'm glad you liked it!

Nancy- Yikes! That's a little scary. We've had a few dogs, but more cats that have shown up and made their home with us. Cats seem to gravitate to me, but I think that's because my parents had Siamese, when I was a baby. They're so smart and used to be more muscular than the ones you see now. Some of my earliest memories are of my mom's female Siamese letting me play with the kittens...but she would hold my hand down (with her paw) if I was too rough. Funny I can still remember that and I was about 18 months old :)

• springroz
    10 years ago

LL, cats DO NOT count!! I know it is a scary observation.... but it happened again just a few months ago to DH's cousin. I am not sure if the dogs come for the sick person, or for the family left behind.

Nancy

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Wonderful story. I believe that our dogs are a gift from above. Corny..I know.

My son is calmed by his dog when nothing else will calm him. It's magical to watch.

• andreak100
    10 years ago

What a lovely story - thanks for sharing with us, Lavender.

• localeater
    10 years ago

Animals really are amazing. My 12yo DS is a type 1 diabetic and he recently said, "I've got to pay more attention to Twisty (his cat) when he licks my face to wake me up, I thought it was just to play but I think it's because I am going low."

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Interesting - and hope a dog doesn't show up at our place (unless invited)

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

My last dog, a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, was not particularly affectionate - he would sit next to you on the couch as long as you were actively scratching his ears or rubbing his belly, but would not curl up and fall asleep next to you.

My teenage son went through a period of depression and anxiety - including suicidal thoughts. He psychiatrist put him on a medication to which he reacted very badly - roller-coaster mood swings, from fits of laughter to suicidal thoughts and everything in between, several times a day. He took it for only a week or so, but it took a week to get out of his system. Not fun. DH and I stayed with him 24/7. Three times that week, I watched Topper come from another room, jump up on the couch and curl up next to my son. Within minutes, he would tell me he was having suicidal thoughts. Topper would stay with him until it passed (15 or 20 minutes). It was uncanny - first that the dog apparently sensed the episode before my son did, and then that he did exactly the right thing to help.

The dog never behaved that way again, and thank God my son never had another week like that one.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

double post - so here's a photo of my Topper dog.

This post was edited by annkh on Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 8:22

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Ann--thanks for sharing your story. I know.....

• desertsteph
    10 years ago

this is a wonderful post! thx LL.

"I believe that our dogs are a gift from above. Corny..I know. "

not corny at all! I feel the same way.

thx annkh for the wonderful Topper story also.

• NashvilleBuild42
    10 years ago

Nice link Lav.

Spring, I've never heard of the association of unfamiliar dogs and death. But it reminded me of this story about the "cat of death" at a nursing home from 3 or 4 years ago. I had to google to find.

I'm not sure if that would be comforting or unnerving to have such a cat in a long term facility...

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat of Death