Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenny_from_the_block

Finished Rustic Kitchen! (one photo prelim :-)

I've spent so much time here, I feel weirdly guilty for having a close-to-finished kitchen and not sharing any photos :-)
So here is one I took last night. (I need to use a real camera next time and not phone-camera)
I'm not posting all of it because we still have a few small items left to do (a few bits of baseboard and trim out the pantry doors, some more under-shelf lighting). Going at our speed it may take months to get that done!
{{!gwi}}

Comments (27)

• MarinaGal
    11 years ago

Need more photos - pronto! Oh my goodness - I MUST see more! And details, please. What beautiful taste you have.

• trailrunner
    11 years ago

OH I love it !! Open shelves and art work ,,,my personal favorites. Looking forward to ALL the details. c

• heidia
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh! that paneling! Love this kitchen!!!

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

So unique! Can't wait to see more.

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

so original and so very lovely

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

I love it. Simple, classic, yet different. Love the use of artwork. We need to see more!

• rosylady
    11 years ago

That's cruel! Show us more! I love your owl print. I collect all things owl and have looking for owl things for my kitchen.

Your hood is spectacular too!

• Susan
    11 years ago

wow, i really want to see MORE!!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Its elegant and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    I love it!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Tease!

While I like all the kitchens on here, it's so nice to see something very different. Love it!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

oh.....
    I love these cabs! They're like grl's, only they look a little lighter.

How beautiful!

• taggie
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, that is seriously beautiful!! You need to post way way WAY more pictures. Gorgeous!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

It look wonderful. I too want to see more pictures and descriptions, especially of the wall.

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

Beautiful, love it!

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

Beautiful, love it!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Ditto all the compliments! Can't wait to see more pictures!

• liriodendron
    11 years ago

Love the Barn Owl. And think the kitchen is even nicer!
    More, please, when you're ready.

L.

• ae2ga
    11 years ago

what a tease you are! more photos please.

• BerlinGirl
    11 years ago

Love it...ok...you need to take another picture just to calm the masses...please dish..your style is awesome.

• susie123
    11 years ago

I love it too! Everything about it....the backsplash by the stove and on the wall, the floor, the paintings...everything. It looks so cozy and part of a home as well as a kitchen.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Wow, that's gorgeous! Love the planks and BS!

• jenny_from_the_block
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the nice feedback. The old layout was horrible and it is so nice to not have to walk across the kitchen anymore from the range to the sink with a pot of boiling water.

Glad to hear people like the owl - it was a trash pick :-)

I will show more very soon - the final bits we are finishing up ourselves so it goes slowly alas.

• crl_
    11 years ago

So pretty. And different. Thank you for sharing!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Just lovely, a pleasure to see! Really like the warmth of your cabinets, the oversize tile floors, and the beautiful backsplash.

• berardmr
    11 years ago

Wow, your kitchen says "Come in, sit down and have a cup of coffee." No hurry to go anywhere... And it's so unique. Beautifully done!

• Susied3
    11 years ago

Jenny, that is fine if you want to *tease* us, but you aren't getting off that easy without some questions, my dear!

uhhhmm, I love how you did your walls, do you mind detailing how they are done?

Also, your shelves. DH has been spending a great deal of time these past few days trying to engineer my heavy reclaimed wood we are making shelves. Do you know how they are mounted? DH has decided that maybe doweling the wood with iron rods and into some 2x4 blocks in between studs. Yours looks to be bracket less as well?

Also, the lighting under them, do you mind telling what you used?

Thanks so much, and congrats to you, it looks beautiful and can't wait to see more!