Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodel mistake with cabinets

Posted by Marian50 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 16:49

We finished our kitchen remodel, but after living with it for awhile I want to make a change to cabinet layout, which will also mean changes to the granite countertop. We have a peninsula with a tall bar behind it for eating. I would like to make the peninsula longer with a cabinet for a pull-out waste basket. There's plenty of room and I keep kicking myself for not thinking of this before. The granite countertop has a bullnose edge. Do you think it would work to bring someone in to cut the edge even with the cabinet so a cabinet could be added and granite installed on it? Of course there would be an obvious line where the 2 pieces come together. Should I try to match the granite or should I do something altogether different such as a butcher block top on the new cabinet? Please help. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodel mistake with cabinets

can you post a picture, would be easier to visualize. off the cuff would say a different material.

don't beat yourself up. i am still fine tuning my kitchen. i do have the pull out waste basket and love it - highly recommend!

o
RE: Kitchen remodel mistake with cabinets

yes upload a photo makes it much easier to comment...don't be hard on yourself...I hate everything I do but find that if I make myself leave it and live with it for awhile 90% of the time I love my choices. Anyways post a picture if you can..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here