Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

What's the better off-white Kraftmaid Canvas or Biscotti ?

eks6426
15 years ago

I want to do off-white cabinets for my kitchen. I want them to have some warmth to them but not appear to yellowish. Light cream would be ideal. When I look at the Kraftmaid colors, the Canvas seems very white but I'm afraid the Biscotti will be too creamy yellow. I'm going to do simple shaker style cabinets so glaze wouldn't make much difference.

Has anyone actually seen these in finished kitchens? Advice?

Comments (20)

• positano
    15 years ago

I seriously considered canvas for my kithen. I loved the color. My Lowes just installed a kitchen with them and surprisingly they look very warm, not white at all. I wouldn't go Biscotti if you don't want yellow.

Here are some pictures of canvas and biscotti

Here is a link that might be useful: link to pictures

• positano
    15 years ago

I seriously considered canvas for my kithen. I loved the color. My Lowes just installed a kitchen with them and surprisingly they look very warm, not white at all. I wouldn't go Biscotti if you don't want yellow.

Here are some pictures of canvas and biscotti

Here is a link that might be useful: link to pictures

• moremoremore
    15 years ago

HA! I was like what the heck is Canvas? I have Vanilla Bean Glaze which I just saw is now known as Canvas...
    I didn't want a bright white or yellow white either..here it is in natural light....there is definitely some warmth which I think is more visible bc of my warm backsplash..but it is a nice, neutral color...Maybe if it came a LITTLE teeny bit whiter I've have done it...To compare, the ceiling is "White" by Ben Moore which is pretty much a pure white...

Don't mind the markings on the hood and the wrong size hood panel...

• khat
    15 years ago

Oooh! I love the clock.

• ellengries
    14 years ago

I'm purchasing cabinets for my kitchen. I am a colorist and full time artist for 40 years. If you want a cream color cabinet that is neutral without all of the victorian yellows, consider Biscotti with Coconut glaze. It matches all almond, and cream colors in sinks and appliances. It also works well with Stainless. It apears white in the kitchen but white with warmth. The 'canvas' color is a very cool color and it is gray looking. It has no warmth. If you use that you will have to put a warm color on the walls to balance the cool cabinet color. If you use the Biscotti with Coconut you are pretty safe and can go either way cool or warm because the color appears to be just a warm white color. Biscotti with Coconut glaze does not have any of the darker glazes on it which reduces the business of all of the sqares going around all of the cabinet doors. The Biscotti with Coconut statement is more understated and easier on the eyes. Play up the buiness in the cabinets by choosing cabinet designs with more or less molding on the face of your cabinets. I think that the dark glazes being applied today on light cabinets will be signature in the future of 'older cabinets'. If you don't get a dark glaze on a lighter cabinet, your cabinets become classics and will look as fresh and new in 30 years as the day you put them in.

• niblickchick
    10 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I read this when researching my kitchen, hoping for help in determining my cabinet color. I was always looking for pictures while building our home, so I hope to help someone else during their build/reno process. I have to send you to our builder's site only because it's quicker for me to do that then it is to search for the pics on my pc.

the above post talks about how Canvas is a cool color and gray-looking. While that may be true when looking at the sample and comparing it to the next off-white/white/gray finish, I think Canvas might be one of the colors that adapts to the colors around it.

I have a lot of natural light in our kitchen (we have two sets of sliding doors, one of which is 15ft of glass), so that natural light plus the overhead lighting seems to "warm-up" any of the cool that's in the canvas.

just like moremoremore, I didn't want a yellow white or a bright white. and just like moremoremore's backsplash, I chose a warm, neutral backsplash.

I hope this helps someone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of my kitchen with Canvas cabinets (from my builder's site)

• kks_mom
    10 years ago

Thank you niblickchick, I am currently looking at the Kraftmaid canvas.

My husband and I are renovating a lake cabin, very small kitchen. Planning to use the white appliances that we have, this isn't any whiz-bang remodel, but of course, I want it to look nice.

Do you think with white appliances it is better to go with their Canvas color or Dove White. I really prefer the Canvas color but wonder if the Dove White matches better?

This post was edited by kks_mom on Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 22:35

• allison0704
    10 years ago

My parent's lakehouse is Biscotti with a Cocoa glaze, and it leans toward yellow.

• craftysandy
    10 years ago

Hello! I was sitting here at my computer trying to decide between Canvas or Biscotti Kraftmaid cabinets when I stumbled upon this conversation! I joined immediately! We will be ordering our cabinets in about a week. I was all set to order the Biscotti w/Cocoa glaze but now I'm thinking about the Canvas w/Cocoa glaze. Here's the deal, my husband has put a lot of beautiful oak trim in our home, which is also in our kitchen. Our kitchen designer said the combination of oak and painted cabinets will be fine. Do you think because the oak has yellow tones in it that maybe I should go with the canvas to tone down the yellow? Our flooring is going to be 5" vinyl planking in a hand scrapped oak. I was thinking about a black or dark brown granite countertops and off-white subway tile. Any thoughts? Ty!

• kitfoxhome
    9 years ago

craftysandy,
    What did you end up getting for your kitchen? I too have oak flooring with a natural finish. I chose Canvas cabinets and will be using Sherwin William, Neutral Ground "white" with satin finish which is the closest I could get to matching the cabinets but still seems a tad bit off, and Creamy for the trim and ceilings. Hopefully all will be well! Anxious to hear how you liked your Canvas cabinets.

• User
    8 years ago

I too am trying to decide right now between Canvas with cocoa glaze or Biscotti with cocoa glaze. I don't want white cabinets but I'm reading a lot that Biscotti is too buttery-yellow. At first I also considered Mushroom, but it was pretty dark and cold looking. I want something warm, but more beige than yellow and not white. I sound crazy picky... I don't know what to do!

• User
    8 years ago

Wow kitfoxhome thanks for such a prompt response! This is the first time I am using these forums...been so helpful so far...Thank you for taking the time for the photo!

• lswidler
    7 years ago

I have Kraftmaid Canvas with cocoa glaze cabinetry in my kitchen and would like to paint the trim to match. I know I can call Kraftmaid and order the paint to match however I'd like to try to find it at a Lowes or Home Depot. Can anyone tell me a color that would match this cabinet color (Canvas)? TYIA!

• DrB477
    7 years ago

Take off a door and bring it in. They will custom match it.

• bernardsville
    6 years ago

We are also deciding between Biscotti with no glaze since it makes it look yellow and canvas with no glaze. Anyone have a photo to share of Biscotti with no glaze? any input is appreciated on the difference between these 2 colors.

• Kat
    6 years ago

These are Kraftmaid cabinets from early 2000's when the color was called Frost (I think) but I they told me Biscotti is the current color and I used it for touch-ups last year when we sold this house. It was a perfect match. These are professional photos and probably color enhanced a bit but the color is pretty true to life especially the undersink cabinet. Ceiling is generic white Behr ceiling pant.

• bernardsville
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for posting Katherine. I very much appreciate it. And this is the Frost/Biscotti color with no glaze, correct?

• Kat
    6 years ago
    Yes no glaze!
  • Claudia_C Davis
    6 years ago

I am also considering Biscotti right now with no glaze. The thought of a yellow hint of color makes me cringe. What Kraftmaid shaker cabinet is cream? I dont want white cabinets. I want cream or light cream but not pinky cream.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area